Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Coffin Dodgers headed to the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Pixel Noir
- The Trail: Frontier Challenge
Earlier this week, Wales Interactive and Milky Tea Studios announced that they were bringing Coffin Dodgers (a dark comedic kart racer) to the Nintendo Switch. Here’s all you need to know about it:
Coffin Dodgers sees life in the slow lane become a fast and furious race for your soul! Take on the role of one of seven quirky retirement village residents, each racing on their very own pimped-up mobility scooters, armed with a variety of upgradable homemade weapons and gadgets to take on anything the Grim Reaper and his army of zombies throw at them.
With a 2-4 local multiplayer mode you can actively battle and knock your friends from their mobility scooters, get tangled up in epic crashes and cause mayhem! What’s more, experience the 3D open-world “Crazy Granddad” mode where you race against the clock in the entire Sunny Pines district.
The “Road Rash” style player-to-player combat features wacky weapons and collectable destructive power-ups to stop your mates in their tracks. Watch your frail backs though as you’re never too far away from an EMP powered defibrillator!
- Race & battle the Grim Reaper and his army of zombies
- Customise and modify your mobility scooter
- Player to player combat & rag doll physics
- 13 unique race tracks Single player Story and Time Trial modes at 60fps
- Local multiplayer versus race mode (2-4 players)
Coffin Dodgers (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 13th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Wales Interactive PR
Earlier this week, JanduSoft announced that Neonwall was headed to the Nintendo Switch. Here’s all you need to know about it:
Escape your way out of Neonwall by solving puzzles and overcoming a variety of challenging levels. Over the course of the game you will need a combination of skill, concentration and precision to be victorious.
- Drag, change color & shoot with your Joy-Con controllers.
- Three game modes. Runner, Puzzle & Time trial.
- More than 30 levels in 3D.
- Support for different game controllers modes.
- More levels coming soon for free!
Nintendo Switch special Features:
- Support for all Nintendo Switch Play modes: Play in handheld, tabletop or tv mode.
- Support for almost all Nintendo Switch Controllers: Play with dual Joy-con configuration, handheld mode or connect your Pro Controller to play Neonwall.
Neonwall (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 15th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Souce: JanduSoft PR
Yesterday, we learned that Pixel Noir was headed to the Nintendo Switch. It will have a French, German, and Spanish translations. Here’s some more details:
Living on the streets of a shithole like Pinnacle City, there’s only two things to keep you going: A pack of cigarettes and the feeling that there’s more than this.
There was something rotten in that rundown place. You were in over your head, but you were too proud to admit it. It was your pride that killed your partner. With the hospital burned to the ground and nothing to exonerate you, they threw you in jail.
For ten years you were haunted by unanswered questions and unspeakable horror, frightened by what you saw, what you did – and what you could still do. Now you’re scraping by as a private eye, running a business out of a crappy apartment. But a chance comes along to clear your name once and for all. With your sanity at stake, how can you afford not to take it?
Pixel Noir is a JRPG-inspired detective game set against a film noir backdrop. Think Earthbound meets Sin City!
- Solve a variety of mysteries as Pinnacle City’s cheapest Private Eye! From missing pets to murder investigations, your detective skills will earn you either fortune or face punches.
- Fight enemies in turn-based combat. Unleash devastating combo attacks by teaming up with other heroes in your team!
- Explore Pinnacle City-a wretched hive of scum and villainy harboring black market trade & hawked by colorful characters.
- Use your investigation mode to reveal clues. Level it up over time to unearth new secrets and storylines!
- Overkill mechanic: if you do too much damage, instead of knocking your enemy out, you can kill them. This will affect what type of spoils you get from battle!
- New timed hit mechanics for skills including button sequences and d-pad rotation!
- CRDTech card game… can you find Phil, the Dust Master?
Pixel Noir (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Badland Games PR
The Trail: Frontier Challenge
This week, The Trail: Frontier Challenge was released in Europe, and it’s coming to North America next week (on March 8th), where it will cost $14.99. Here’s all you need to know about the game:
The Trail: Frontier Challenge is an innovative and exploration-driven simulation game – taking players on a massive journey through the beautiful and expansive American wilderness. After choosing a character, players will throw on a backpack and embark on a stunning adventure through mountains and forests, collecting items to craft and trade with, while avoiding exhaustion from their travels. As they amass fortune and notoriety, they will work with others around the globe to build a thriving community and ultimately become the leader of the most successful town in the new American frontier.
The Trail: Frontier Challenge includes more strategy and challenges than ever before. Weather affects player progress in challenging and sometimes unpredictable ways. Extreme cold requires additional food, while muddy terrain can slow progress, but players can craft improved clothing & gear to receive various buffs to help counteract these effects. After reaching Eden Falls, travelers will have the opportunity to build a home as one of 5 professions: Explorer, Hunter, Lumberjack, Cook, or Tailor. Each profession has its own skill tree to progress through and can only be truly mastered when every skill is unlocked. Touch controls in portable mode have been added exclusively for the Switch release.
The Trail: Frontier Challenge (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 8th in Japan. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!