Pokémon Sun and Moon: all QR codes, Serial codes, distributions, events
On this page, you will find the complete list of QR codes, Serial codes, events, and more for Pokémon Sun and Moon!
Latest update: Fennel’s Munna Serial Code (worldwide)
NB: Don’t forget to download the latest update if you want to keep using the online features: click here for more details. Looking for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon QR Codes, Serial Codes, distributions, and events? Click here!
Pokémon Sun and Moon – QR codes
Pokémon Sun and Moon introduces a brand new feature: QR codes. There are actually two kinds of codes, and they do not work the same way. The Pokédex QR codes allows you to automatically mark a Pokémon as seen in your Pokédex. The distribution QR codes allow you to immediately get a Pokémon, but can only be used after reaching a certain point in the game and are region-locked.
Distribution QR Codes
As mentioned above, those allow you to immediately get a Pokémon (generally via a special event in-game), instead of simply adding it to your Pokédex. The QR codes are region-locked, so you can only use those from your region!
Magearna QR Code
[Europe] Magearna: available from the Pokémon TV app (can only be scanned after beating the Elite 4) (thanks Serebii) [more details]
[North America] Magearna (can only be scanned after beating the Elite 4) [more details]
[Japan] Magearna (can only be scanned after beating the Elite 4) (QR code courtesy of Shelton)
Here’s how to get Magearna:
- Complete the main story
- Choose the QR Scanner function
- Line up the QR code for Magearna while pressing the R Button
- Visit the deliveryman at the Antiquities of the Ages shop in Hau’oli City to get Magearna
- Be sure to save your game!
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Pokédex QR codes
Unlike the distribution ones, those are not region-locked. Feel free to scan them using the QR Scanner in-game to find out where each Pokémon is living. To find out more about QR codes, make sure to check out Serebii‘s page about them!
NB: some Pokémon do not have a QR codes, such as Legendary/Mythical Pokémon. Also, the QR codes below are only for Pokémon that can be caught in Pokémon Sun and Moon, and the remaining ones will be added as soon as they’re available (most likely when the Pokémon Bank will be updated, in January).
Here’s some special QR Codes: they don’t unlock anything, but they allow you to get twice the amount of Scan Points as regular QR Codes… great for the second Global Mission!
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Serial codes
Since most/all of those can only be used once, we cannot list the codes themselves, with the only exception being those for special distributions.
No end date known
[Japan] Hat Pikachu distribution to go along the latest Pokémon movie [more details]
[Japan] Solrock and Lunator: OYAJI30YEARS (end date unknown) [more details]
[America, Japan] Original Cap Pikachu: PIKACHUM20 [more details]
[Japan] Manaphy, Meloetta, Hoopa – Serial Code available by purchasing various bits of merchandise, from December 1st [more details]
[Europe, North America] Ho-Oh (Sun) or Lugia (Moon) – Serial Code available from participating stores [more details] (end date is November 26th for Canada
February 24th 2020
[Worldwide] Fennel’s Munna – Serial Code available from the Pokémon Global Link [more details]
Here’s how to redeem Serial Codes:
- Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
- Select Receive Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, and then Yes again to connect to the internet.
- Enter your password.
- Watch as you receive your content.
- Speak to the delivery person in any Pokémon Center to pick up your content.
- Be sure to save your game!
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Distributions
No end date
[Global] Ash Greninja (+ other bonuses) – Can be transferred from the special demo to the full game.
[Japan] Birthday Pokémon (Pikachu, Eevee, or Comfey) – Available at Pokémon Center stores on your birthday [more details]
August 16th to August 18th
- [Pokémon World Championships] Special Aerodactyl – Available to anyone who attend the event [more details]
September 2nd 2019
- [Europe, North America] Enigma Berry, aMicle Berry, Custap Berry,Jaboca Berry Rowap Berry – Available via Mystery Gift (from January 7th) [more details]
September 3rd 2019
- [Japan] Enigma Berry, aMicle Berry, Custap Berry,Jaboca Berry Rowap Berry – Available via Mystery Gift (from January 8th) [more details]
October 31st 2019
- [Worldwide] Hidden Ability Oranguru and Passimian – Available via Pokémon Bank [more details]
[This page is part of our Games Extras section]