On this page, we will list all the Serial Codes and Pokémon distributions for the various Pokémon games on Nintendo Switch and Mobile (released after 2018): Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon Home, and more. That includes when, where, and how to get them (along with any additional details).
We will keep updating it as long as new Serial Codes and Pokémon distributions are announced, so keep coming back regularly!
Make sure to download the latest Software update to keep using the online features of Pokémon Sword and Shield!
Latest update: 12 Exp. Candy and 12 Big Nuggets Serial Code (worldwide)
Pokémon Home – Pokémon distributions and other distributions
No end date or End date unknown
- [Worldwide] Pikachu + Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander – Automatically received as present for using the app (starters = via the mobile app)
- [Worldwide] Pichu – Automatically received after putting a sticker in your Binder for the first time (has to be done within 1st month after activating your Pokémon Home account)
- [Worldwide] Rotom – Trade your first Pokémon via the Global Trade Station (has to be done within 1st month after activating your Pokémon Home account)
- [Worldwide] Eevee – Successfully send your first Pokémon via the Wonder Box (Pokémon needs to be received by another player, simply putting it in the box isn’t enough) (has to be done within 1st month after activating your Pokémon Home account)
- [Worldwide] Original Color Magearna – Successfully complete the National Pokédex in Pokémon Home. Pokémon received via the mobile app (has to be done within 1st month after activating your Pokémon Home account)
- [Worldwide] Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble with Hidden Ability – Transfer one or more Pokémon from Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield to the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME. Available as Mystery Gift in the Mobile version of Pokémon Home [more details]
- [Worldwide] Gigantamax-ready Melmetal (Level 100) – Available by transferring a Pokémon from Pokémon GO to Pokémon Home.
Pokémon Sword and Shield – Pokémon distributions and other distributions
No end date or End date unknown
- [Worldwide] Gigantamax-ready Pikachu – Available as present to players who have save data for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! on their Nintendo Switch [more details]
- [Worldwide] Gigantamax-ready Eevee – Available as present to players who have save data for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! on their Nintendo Switch [more details]
- [Japan] Curry ingredients – Present available at Pokémon Center Stores across Japan, once per day. Present is distributed via the Mystery Gift [more details]
Pokémon Sword and Shield – Serial Codes
No end date or End date unknown
- [Worldwide] Dynamax Crystals for Dynamax Larvitar and Dynamax Jangmo-o – Serial Code available in copies of Dual-Pack / Double-Pack (two codes, one for each game) (no end date provided) [more details]
- [Worldwide] Tracksuit outfit – Serial Code available by pre-ordering the game from participating retailers (UK and Spain = GAME, UK = ShopTo, Ireland = Smyths Toy Store, Italy = Gamestop, Japan = 7 Eleven)
- [Worldwide] Gold Studded Leather Case – Serial Code available by pre-ordering the game from participating retailers (Japan = Amazon, Spain = Carrefour and MediaMarkt, United States = Amazon (Double Pack only))
- [Japan] Milcery (with either Ribbon Sweet or Star Sweet) – Serial Code available at Pokémon Center Stores across Japan during the month of your birthday
- [Japan] 100 Poké Balls – Serial Code available at Pokémon Center and Pokémon Stores across Japan (requires a purchase) [more details]
- [Worldwide] AREAS1LVESTRE – 10 Premier Balls
- [Japan] Gigantamax Corviknight Raid Battles – Serial Code in latest issue of CoroCoro magazine (out on March 14th)
- [Worldwide] Pikachu Uniform and Eevee Uniform – Available as bonus for players who purchase the Expansion Pass for the game
- [South Korea] Ash’s Charizard (Level 50, with Flamethrower, Dragon Tail, Slash, and Seismic Toss) – Serial Code available by going to watch Pokémon The Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back in theatres
- [Worldwide] 100 Poké Ball + Pikachu Uniform or Eevee Uniform – Serial Code available as early purchase bonus for players who purchase the Pokémon Sword + Expansion Pass or Pokémon Shield + Expansion Pass bundles.
- [Americas, Australia] Zarude – Serial Code available by subscribing to the official newsletter by November 20th (no end date?)
- [Japan] Chansey (with Lucky Egg) – Serial Code available on scratch cards obtained by purchasing at least 1 000 Yen of purchases at Mr Donut
March 19th 2021
- [Europe, North America] Shiny Toxtricity – Serial Code available via GameStop stores (North America, requires the Pokémon Pass app), EB Game stores (Canada, Australia, New Zealand), Micromania (France, via the website), GameStop stores (Germany, Italy, via the website), GameMania stores (Belgium and Netherlands, via the website), GAME (Spain, QR code to scan in-store) from February 19th until March 19th
March 25th 2021
- [Worldwide] Pikachu with Sing (Other moves: Encore, Celebrate, Electro Ball + Hold item: Light Ball) – P25MUS1C
March 31st 2021
- [Japan] Special Zarude (Level 70 / Choice Scarf / Jungle Healing, Hammer Arm, Power Whip, Energy Ball) – Serial Code available as special distribution for fans who go watch the latest Pokémon movie in theatres (from December 25th)
- [Worldwide] 12 Exp. Candy XL and 12 Big Nuggets – ADVENTUREB9F
- [Europe] ☆Sgr6913 Dynamax Crystal (Max Raid Battle against Gigantamax Appletun in Pokémon Sword and Flapple in Pokémon Shield) – Serial Code available online from GameMania (Belgium, Netherlands), Micromania (France), Gamestop (Italy, Germany, Austria)
April 30th 2021
- [Japan] Genesect, Volcanion, Marshadow – Serial Codes available as part of the Mythical Pokémon Get Challenge in Japan. Buy enough participating products, and you can get enough points to redeem for a Serial Code for one of the Mythical Pokémon (from November 20th) [more details]
Here’s how to redeem Serial Codes:
- Launch Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu
- Select Get a Mystery Gift
- Select Get with Code/Password, then select Yes to save your game and connect to the internet
- Enter your code
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game.
- Save your game.
Pokémon Sword and Shield (Switch) is now available worldwide.
Source: The Pokémon Company