Just like we did for Pokémon Sun and Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Eevee!, we have opened this special page for Pokémon Sword and Shield. On it, we will list all the Serial Codes and Pokémon distributions for the game, including when, where, and how to get them (along with any additional details. We are also going to list upcoming and current tournaments and special events (such as Dynamax increased spawns).
Do note that the game has not been released yet, so the information on this page isn’t exhaustive. We will keep updating it as long as new Serial Codes and Pokémon distributions are announced, so keep coming back regularly!
Pokémon Sword and Shield – Pokémon distributions and other distributions
No end date or End date unknown
- [Worldwide] Gigantamax-ready Pikachu – Available as present to players who have save data for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! on their Nintendo Switch [more details]
- [Worldwide] Gigantamax-ready Eevee – Available as present to players who have save data for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! on their Nintendo Switch [more details]
- [Japan] Curry ingredients – Present available at Pokémon Center Stores across Japan, once per day. Present is distributed via the Mystery Gift [more details]
- [Worldwide] Gigantamax-ready Meowth – Available via Mystery Gift for anyone [more details]
Pokémon Sword and Shield – Serial Codes
No end date or End date unknown
- [Worldwide] Dynamax Crystals for Dynamax Larvitar and Dynamax Jangmo-o – Serial Code available in copies of Dual-Pack / Double-Pack (two codes, one for each game) (no end date provided) [more details]
- [Worldwide] Tracksuit outfit – Serial Code available by pre-ordering the game from participating retailers (UK and Spain = GAME, UK = ShopTo, Ireland = Smyths Toy Store, Italy = Gamestop, Japan = 7 Eleven)
- [Worldwide] Gold Studded Leather Case – Serial Code available by pre-ordering the game from participating retailers (Japan = Amazon, Spain = Carrefour and MediaMarkt, United States = Amazon (Double Pack only))
- [Japan] Pikachu or Eevee – Serial Code available at Pokémon Center Stores across Japan during the month of your birthday [more details]
- [Japan] Pokémon Quest – T-shirt available for members of the Pokémon Himitsu Club in Japan (from November 1st, redeemable until February 3rd)
- [United States] Unique trainer outfit – Available at Walmart stores, via the Pokémon Pass app (from November 16th) [more details]
- [Worldwide] 12 Quick Balls – Serial Code available by purchasing either Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield from the Nintendo eShop before January 15th. (available until January 15th, but code useable until November 30th) [more details]
Here’s how to redeem Serial Codes:
- Launch Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu
- Select Get a Mystery Gift
- Select Get with Code/Password, then select Yes to save your game and connect to the internet
- Enter your code
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game.
- Save your game.
Pokémon Sword and Shield – Online Competitions
- Name: Galar Beginnings
- Sign-Up Period: Friday, November 15, at 00:00 UTC, to Thursday, December 5, at 23:59 UTC
- Competition Period: Friday, December 6, at 00:00 UTC, to Sunday, December 8, at 23:59 UTC
- Battle Format: Single Battle
- Eligible Pokémon: Pokémon obtained in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
- Certain special Pokémon will not be allowed.
- Register three to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
- All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
- Ranking Results Announcement: December 2019
Pokémon Sword and Shield – Special Events
- What: Gigantamax spawns
- Gigantamax Butterfree in both games
- Gigantamax Dreadnaw in Pokémon Sword
- Gigantamax Corviknight in Pokémon Shield
- When: November 15th to early January 2020
Pokémon Sword and Shield (Switch) will be released on November 15th worldwide.