Today’s Pokémon news: some activities announced for Pokémon Day, but also…
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon TV
- Pokémon Duel
- Kanto region
- Tool Assisted Speedrun
Yesterday, The Pokémon Company shared some more details about Pokémon Day 2019. This year, fans will be able to enjoy the following activities:
- Trade & Play event in North America (check out this post for more details)
- Pokémon the Series marathon on Twitch, from February 27th to May 5th. This time around, episodes from Pokémon the Series: Diamond and Pearl, Pokémon the Series: Black & White, and Pokémon the Series: XY, as well as select movies, will be livestreamed on Twitch Presents. On February 27th specifically, Twitch will showcase some of their favourite episodes and movies all day, highlighting Pokémon such as Pikachu, Zekrom, Eevee, Snorlax, and others that appear as part of a TAG TEAM in the latest Pokémon TCG: Sun and Moon – Team Up expansion;
- Disney XD (in the United States) will air fan-favourite episodes on February 27th;
- YTV (in Canada) will air the final four episodes of Sun and Moon – Ultra Adventures at 1PM PST;
- Pokémon Center Online will debut a new line of premium apparel, called Poké Ball Classics (including clothes, accessories, and more), on February 27th.
Source: The Pokémon Company
A new event has been announced for Pokémon GO: a Special Raid Weekend. it takes place from February 22nd to February 25th, and features Latias in Raid Battles (Latios is is also coming, but at a later date)!
Here’s the features of this event:
- The Legendary Pokémon Latias will be joining Raid Battles!
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Latias!
Here’s when it will take place:
- Europe: February 22nd (10PM) to February 25th (10PM)
- UK: February 22nd (9PM) to February 25th (10PM)
- North America (ET): February 22nd (4PM) to February 25th (4PM)
- North America (PT): February 22nd (1PM) to February 25th (4PM)
- Japan: February 23rd (6AM) to February 26th (6AM)
Also, following the release of the latest Software update on Android, the GO Snapshot feature is now available to Trainers that are Lv. 5 or higher (the minimum level to access it). It’s coming to iOS devices “soon”.
Yesterday, The Pokémon Company released a major Software update for Pokémon TV, that brings the app to Ver. 3.0.0.
This new version brings a brand new interface with a dynamic look, designed to make it easier for fans to find their favourite episodes. Also, the app now offers a Log-in, which allows for cross-platform syncing (pretty handy if you want to keep watching an episode on a different device). Finally, the app is now available in 12 additional languages.
Here’s some screenshots:
You can find all there is to know about the various Software udpates for Pokémon TV on this page!
Today, a new Software update for Pokémon Duel was released. It brings the game to Ver. 7.0.1, and only provides bug fixes… not the most exciting of updates!
You can find more details about the various Software updates for Pokémon Duel on this page!
Here’s a fake promotional video for the Kanto region:
Tool Assisted Speedrun
Here’s the latest Tool Assisted Speedrun video for Pokémon games:
- Pokémon: Yellow Version (GameBoy Color) “game end glitch” by TiKevin83 in 09:47.92