Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Gamer Girl announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Nowhere Prophet
- Kingdom Rush
- Nexomon: Extinction
- Double Coin Fest (Europe)
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2
Wales Interactive have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Gamer Girl, a multi-branching FMV game set in the world of online streaming and developed by FMV Future. It will be released this September in Europe and North America.
The cast will feature the following people:
- Alexandra Burton as Abi
- David Wayman
- Rebecca Calienda,
- Sofia Maffei
- and cameos by real streamers including CyborgAngel.
Here’s the debut trailer, some details ,and the list of key features:
Adopt the role of moderator for up and coming streamer ‘Abicake99’, who’s back online after the mysterious disappearance of her friend Becky. Featuring multi-branched narrative and real-time chat simulation, your role as moderator is to control the stream, level up mod powers, guide Abi’s choices and uncover the threat she faces by an anonymous predator who hides in the stream’s chat.
Gamer Girl is the first live-action video game to have been entirely improvised by the cast, in a production style similar to The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity. The actors would react to pre-scripted stream text as well as live chat that was written during film takes by the scriptwriter.
The first multi-branching FMV video game with a micro-management meta-game – where players constantly have to analyse and react to a constant stream of chat comments whilst texting Abi and helping her make the right choices.
- Manage the user’s comments in the chat stream
- Choose to reward them for good behaviour & ban them for trolling
- Unlock more powerful moderator abilities as you progress
- Earn Candies, likes and subs to keep Abicake99’s mood positive
- Increase Abicake99’s viewers and subscribers to keep her career on track
- Make the channel a success to earn upgrades
- Warn, ban and reward comments in the chat stream
- If you fail Abi will kick you off the stream and it is GAME OVER
- Gamer Girl has multiple story paths; hundreds of choices and permutations.
- Players help Abi choose which activities they think would further her streaming career or enhance her mood – workout sessions, gaming, cosplay, chill streams, IRL trips, board games, chibis drawing (ちび or チビ), etc.
- Make moral choices and accept the consequences they bring. Should you encourage drama to increase her ratings or take the safe path but risk losing viewers?
- Exchange messages with Abi and her friends. Will you help them, or do they have ulterior motives towards Abi?
Gamer Girl (Switch – eShop) comes out in September in Europe and North America.
Source: Wales Interactive PR
No More Robots have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Nowhere Prophet, a dustpunk deck-building game developed by Sharkbomb Studios. It will be released at the end of the month in Europe and North America, and it’s now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop with a 25% off discount (regular price: £20.99 / $24.99).
Here’s a trailer and some details:
The highly-lauded digital card game features a unique deck-building system, where your cards aren’t just your hand to play with — they’re also the followers of your convoy through this fallen, apocalyptic world. As you recruit new followers (or lose people to the wilderness), your deck will constantly evolve with the action. You can grow bonds with your people… and feel genuine heartache when they are cut down in action.
Nowhere Prophet fuses card-based combat and a tactical battle board. Tactically drag your followers onto the battle board, and use Leader Cards to utilize your unique skills, swaying the fight in your favor. Outside of combat, make narrative decisions that will greatly affect your journey, filling your disciples with hope — or draining the last bit of life from their tired bodies. Procedurally generated maps give you a new journey each time you play, while 10 different convoys and four Prophet classes that change how you play, along with more than 300 cards to discover, make Nowhere Prophet infinitely playable.
Nowhere Prophet (Switch – eShop) comes out in July in Europe and North America.
Source: No More Robots PR
Ironhide have announced that their second game for the Nintendo Switch, Kingdom Rush, will be released on July 30th in Europe and North America. It’s now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop with a special pre-purchase discount.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
Get ready for an epic journey to defend your kingdom against hordes of orcs, trolls, evil wizards and other nasty fiends using a vast arsenal of towers and spells at your command! Fight on forests, mountains, and wastelands, customizing your defensive strategy with different tower upgrades and specializations! Rain fire upon your enemies, summon reinforcements, command your troops, recruit elven warriors and face legendary monsters on a quest to save the Kingdom from the forces of darkness!
- Epic defense battles that will hook you for hours!
- High definition awesome illustrated cartoon art!
- Command your soldiers and see them engage in hand to hand cartoon battles!
- 8 specialized tower upgrades to customize your strategy! Mighty Barbarians, Arcane Wizards, Forest Rangers to name a few.
- 18 tower abilities! Have your Sorcerers summon earth elementals and polymorph your enemies!
- Over 61 different enemies, from Goblins to Demons each with their own skills! (Beware of the mountain Trolls!)
- Intense boss fights never seen on a defense game!
- 12 Heroes: Choose your champion to lead your troops to victory!
- Hours of gameplay with over 70 achievements
- Extra game modes that will challenge your tactical skills to the limit.
- In-game encyclopedia with information from your towers and enemies.
Kingdom Rush (Switch – eShop) comes out on July 30th in Europe and North America.
PQube have shared some more details about Nexomon: Extinction, this time focusing on 3 of the regions you can explore in the game:
- Ignitia: The Fire Region
- Solus: The Desert Region
- Tundra: The Ice Region
Click here for all the details!
Here’s some pictures:
Nexomon: Extinction (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Double Coin Fest (Europe)
Nintendo have added three more games to their Double Coin Fest offer in Europe:
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Dr Kawashima’s Braining for Nintendo Switch
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
You can get twice the usual amount of Gold Coins when you buy those games on the Nintendo eShop before August 12th.
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2
Earlier today, the Ver. 1.2.0 update for Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 was released. It added Boss Rush Mode… but also a glitch related to that mode. What happens is pretty simple: auto-save does not activate after exiting Boss Rush Mode. As a workaround, you can enter Boss Rush Mode once again in order to trigger an auto-save. This issue will be fixed in an upcoming update for the game.
Source: Inti Creates (Twitter)
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!