Today’s Pokémon news: latest weapon videos for Monster Hunter Rise, but also…
- The Hong Kong Massacre
- Nintendo Switch Online
- Roundout by POWGI
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe
- Pokémon GO
Monster Hunter Rise
Capcom have shared two more videos for Monster Hunter Rise, showcasing two types of weapons:
Monster Hunter Rise (Switch) comes out on March 26th worldwide.
The Hong Kong Massacre
Untold Tales have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: The Hong Kong Massacre, a top-down shooter developer by Vreski. It will be released on December 26th in Europe and North America. It will cost 19.99€ / $19.99, but with a 20% off pre-order discount.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
The Hong Kong Massacre is a stylistic top-down shooter that plays out like classic John Woo action movie gun fights. Set in the seedy underground of 1990’s Hong Kong, you go on a vigilante, bullet-fuelled revenge mission against the criminal Triads. Each run turns into a majestic flow of choreographed violence through slow-motion time manipulation, bullet-dodging knee slides or body rolls, and snappy 360-degree shooting. Crash through windows, vault over obstacles and switch between multiple weapons as you zone in on the perfect way to clear each level, getting ever closer to the Triad bosses that wronged you.
- A MAJESTIC FLOW OF VIOLENCE: Create and unleash zen-like, perfectly choreographed killing sprees. This isn’t a mindless run and gun game. Use your dodge rolls, slow-motion abilities and 360-degree shooting skills all together to create stylish and artistic killing sprees.
- EVERY BULLET COUNTS: One shot is all it takes to kill you and your enemies, so go in with a plan and make every shot count while avoiding the tidal wave of bullets coming your way.
- JUST ONE MORE RUN: Gain rewards for completing levels with added twists and challenges. Tinker and master each try through quick restarts. Success earns you additional perks on weapons that can make all the difference as you progress.
- FEEL THE RHYTHM OF THE UNDERGROUND: A punchy electronic soundtrack by the talented, Portland based Professor Kliq accompanies you on your neon and blood-soaked adventure. Have a listen for yourself:
The Hong Kong Massacre (Switch – eShop) comes out on December 26th in Europe and North America.
Source: Untold Tales PR
Roundout by POWGI
Lightwood Games have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Roundout by POWGI. It includes no less than 120 puzzles (and as many dad jokes), and will cost 7.99€ / £6.49 / $7.99.
Here’s some details and screenshots:
Roundout is a mash-up of two other puzzles, Word Wheel and Kriss Kross.
A twist on a traditional letter scrambling puzzle, this game places the words you find into a crossword-style grid. The more overlapping words you find, the more clues you get towards discovering the remaining words.
Anagram puzzles are often open-ended, challenging you to “find as many words as you can”. By contrast, Roundout provides satisfaction by giving players a clearly defined – and achievable – goal to work towards.
Each puzzle is generated from the letters in an 8-letter word, making it quick and intuitive to play with a controller stick. Nintendo Switch also supports touch screen play in handheld mode.
Roundout by POWGI (Switch – eShop) comes out on December 21st in Europe and North America.
Source: Lightwood Games PR
Nintendo Switch Online
Nintendo have announced that the next set of Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo Entertainment Systems for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will go live on December 18th.
Here’s the list of games:
- [SNES] Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble!
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have gone missing. As Dixie Kong checks in with the rest of the family, she gets stuck with babysitting duties! But that won’t stop her from going on her next adventure. Play as Dixie Kong or Kiddy Kong solo, against a friend or with a friend. Take advantage of their abilities as they throw each other into action in over 40 levels.
- [SNES] The Ignition Factor
Intense firefighting action puts you in the heat of the moment. Take control of a brave firefighter as he battles to save people from towering infernos and flame-filled factories. Keep your cool to rescue all the victims. Get them out of the fire and back to safety!
- [SNES] Super Valis IV (Europe and North America-only)
A reddish moon calls forth evil, and the bells toll for battle. Take on the role of Lena, the only warrior able enough to wield the Valis sword against the forces of evil in this action platformer. The longer you take clearing a stage, the stronger the boss at its end will get. Dash, jump and use the items you collect along the way to traverse all seven stages.
- [SNES] Tuff E Nuff (Europe and North America-only)
Four champions seek to challenge the great tower! In this action game, your special attacks level up each time you defeat a certain number of enemies, making your hero grow even more powerful. Make good use of your guard, and carefully time your special attacks against all the tough guys you face on your way to Jade, the self-proclaimed Fighting King. With the instant-replay feature, you can have fun watching the last moments of a fight play out!
- [SNES] Kunio-kun no Dodgeball da yo Zenin Shuugou! (Japan-only)
- [SNES] Sugoi Hebereke (Japan-only)
- [NES] Nightshade (Europe and North America-only)
Sutekh has blanketed Metro City under a shroud of crime and corruption. The big crime bosses now answer only to him. To avenge his fallen idol, Mark Gray dons the guise of Nightshade, the last person standing between Sutekh and total control of Metro City. Using a combo of point-and-click and action gameplay styles, stalk the streets of Metro City in search of vengeance.
- [NES] Smash Ping-Pong (Famicom Disk System, Japan-only)
And here’s some videos for the games, along with some screenshots for the Japanese line-up:
Source: Nintendo / Nintendo PR
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Here’s the latest trailer for Pikmin 3 Deluxe:
Niantic have announced that Pokémon GO is to get a Holiday Event. It runs from December 22nd to December 31st, and features the following:
- Pokémon in holiday costumes: Pikachu, Delibird, and Cubchoo wearing new holiday-themed costumes will appear in Pokémon GO!
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Delightful Ice-type Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild, such as Spheal, Snover, and more! Vanillite, the Fresh Snow Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut!
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs: Seel, Swinub, Smoochum, Snorunt, Snover, and Vanillite will be hatching from 5 km Eggs!
- Pokémon appearing in Raid Battles: Alolan Sandshrew, Dewgong, Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Walrein, Cubchoo, and Cryogonal will be appearing in raids! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Jynx! Don’t forget—Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids and will be even more powerful throughout the event.
- Event-exclusive Field Research: Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will reward you with the chance to encounter Pokémon like Vanillite and Cryogonal!
- Winter-themed avatar items coming to the shop: To help you dress up for the holiday season, you can look forward to the Greedent Sweater, Whimsicott Earmuffs, Winter Boots, and Winter Coat avatar items!
- Get holiday-themed stickers from PokéStops, Gifts, and the shop! You can find stickers featuring Alolan Vulpix, Croagunk, Whimsicott, and more during the event. You won’t be able to get these stickers after the event is over, so get them while you can!
- Event-exclusive boxes will be available in the shop during the event! Check out the in-game shop for more details!
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping task rewards: Complete AR Mapping tasks to earn Abomasnow Mega Energy and encounter Snorunt.
There’s also some other bonuses and a special winter weekend event: check out this page for all the details!
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!