Fire Emblem Echoes: DLC schedule (JP), Classes trailer, more details (file size, new characters), more
Today, Nintendo uploaded a new trailer for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It showcases the various classes you can chose for your characters, and even some of the enemies you will encounter on the battlefield. The company also updated the official website with more details (new characters, DLC), and a lot more.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia – Class trailer
Today, Nintendo uploaded a trailer showcasing the various classes and enemy units found in the game.
Let’s start with the various classes:
- Fighter (Alm)
- Mage (female)
- Mage (male)
- Pegasus Knight
- Falcon Knight
- Gold Knight
- Dread Fighter
- Bow Knight
NB: you can find a partial list of the possible class changes in this post!
And here’s some of the enemy units you will encounter in the game:
- Draco Zombie
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia – New characters
Today, the official website introduces the following characters:
- Python (voiced by Shiji Kawada. Starting class: Archer): a member of the Deliverance, who comes from a small village. He joined the army after being invited by his childhood friend. A rather cynical fellow, who can be surprisingly serious and still does his job properly;
- Camus (voiced by Kauhiko Inoue). A Rigelian Knight, who has lost his memory, and doesn’t even remember his own name. After his arrival in Rigel, his skill doesn’t go unnoticed, and he’s made General. He stands against Alm on the battlefield, but is he really meant to be his enemy? (Those who played a fan localisation of Fire Emblem Gaiden already knows what’s the deal with that character!);
- Sonya (voiced by Rei Shimoda. Starting class: Mage): she guards the souther part of the desert, that leads to the Grieth’s Fortress, and prevents Celica and her army from passing. She has a pretty cool attitude, but she’s also hiding a rather dark past that she rarely talks about;
- Masked Knight (voiced by Takuya Satou): a man that appears out of nowhere to help Celica. It’s impossible to say what is hidden behind that mask of his: the actual face, and the intentions of that mysterious man remain shrouded in mystery. He seems to be a knight, but is he a friend or a foe?
- Juda (voiced by Shuhei Takubo): a priest of Duma, who assists with the invasion of Zofia with his legions of Shamans. He dispatches some of them to attack Celica, though we don’t know why. He wields extremely powerful magic;
- Mila (voiced by Yoshiko Sakakibara): the Goddess who defends Zofia, located in the southern part of the Valentian continent. Thanks to her protection, Zofia has been at peace for many years, but that peace is broken by the mysterious appearance of monsters and the invasion of the Rigel Kingdom.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Today, Nintendo shared some details about the DLC for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. First, here’s what will be free:
- April 20th: Goddess Gift 1 (Boots, only once)
As for paid DLC, there will be three sets, available as part of a “Season Pass” sold 4 800 Yen (+ taxes). Players who buy one of the Limited Editions will get the first set for free, and will be able to purchase a special Season Pass with just the other two sets.
Here’s the three sets:
Set 1: The Fighter’s Journey (800 Yen)
A set of three pieces of DLC, to help players beginning their journey through the game;
- Temple of the Stars (Difficulty: ★ / Price: 400 Yen). Reward: item (map can be completed as many times as you want). The item is Starsphere Shards (random drop);
- Ruffians and Treasures (Difficulty: ★ / Price: 300 Yen). Reward: Silver Marks (map can be completed as many times as you want);
- No Rest for the Dead (Difficulty: ★ / Price: 300 Yen). Reward: XP (map can be completed as many times as you want).
Set 2: 3 maps designed to help players go through the final stages of the game
Set 3: 10 maps designed for players who want to grow their units, and 4 prologue maps
Nintendo specifies that the maps from Set 2 and 3 will be released sequentially, until June 30th. We also learn there will be special collaboration content with Fire Emblem 0 (the TCG Game).
Finally, on April 20th, Nintendo will release a special Nintendo eShop pre-paid card, featuring a Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia illustration. This is a 5 000 Yen card, which is enough to buy the Season Pass… though naturally, you’re free to spend the money on whatever you want!
Here’s what the Nintendo eShop pre-paid card looks like:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia – Gamepage + Pre-loading
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia comes out next week in Japan, and players who really cannot wait can now pre-order the game on the Nintendo eShop of the Nintendo 3DS right now (or from Nintendo’s website). They will be able to pre-load the game right away, in order to start playing at 10PM JST on April 19th. But to do so, they will need a certain amount of free space on the SD Card (check out below!).
Here’s some additional details about the game, from the official gamepage:
- File size: 12 877 blocks / 1 609MB
- Genre: Role Playing Simulation / Strategy
- Players: 1
- Save data slots: 3
- Save data file size: 512kb
- New Nintendo 3DS enhancements: use the C-Stick to control the camera in some sections
- Online features: online leaderboards
- Local Multiplayer: exchange Profile Cards with other players
And here’s some additional screenshots:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS) comes out on April 20th in Japan, and May 19th in Europe and North America.