Today’s Pokémon news: 2nd part of the latest Wild Area event in Pokémon Sword and Shield, but also…
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Players Cup
- Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?
Pokémon Sword and Shield
The second part of the latest Wild Area event is now live. Starting today, and until May 26th, Gigantamax Eevee can be found in-game. It will be replaced by Meowth during the 3rd and final part of the event, which runs from May 26th to June 2nd.
Niantic have announced that the next two Community Days, in June and July, will feature Pokémon selected by players themselves, via another vote. This time, the vote will take place from May 23rd to May 24th on Twitter, with the Pokémon receiving the most votes selected for the Community Day in June. The runner-up Pokémon will star in the Community Day in July.
Here’s the 4 Pokémon players will be able to vote for:
- Squirtle: Evolve Wartortle (the evolved form of Squirtle) to get a Blastoise that knows the Fighting-type attack Aura Sphere. Currently an exclusive attack that only Lucario can learn, Aura Sphere will be particularly handy when Blastoise faces off against popular Steel-type Pokémon in the GO Battle League, such as Registeel.
- Weedle: Evolve Kakuna (the evolved form of Weedle) to get a Beedrill that knows the Ground-type attack Drill Run. The unique type combination of Beedrill’s Bug and Poison types with the Ground-type Drill Run will be sure to inspire some innovative battle strategies.
- Sandshrew: Sandshrew as originally discovered in the Kanto region will be appearing in the wild and hatching from Eggs. Alolan Sandshrew will be appearing in Raid Battles. Evolve Sandshrew or Alolan Sandshrew to get a Sandslash or Alolan Sandslash that knows the Ghost-type attack Shadow Claw. Shadow Claw will be a welcome addition for both Sandslash, but it will give Alolan Sandslash a new Fast Attack that both charges Charged Attacks faster and is more powerful than Powder Snow.
- Gastly: Evolve Haunter (the evolved form of Gastly) to get a Gengar that knows the Ghost-type attack Shadow Punch. Shadow Punch’s ability to charge up quickly will give Gengar a useful attack to trick your opponent into using their Protect Shields. This can leave you with an opening to pull off more powerful attacks later, like Shadow Ball!
Here’s how voting will work:
We will post a poll on our official Pokémon GO Twitter on Saturday, May 23, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) and you’ll be able to cast your vote until Sunday, May 24, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). You will have 24 hours to cast one vote for the Pokémon you’d like to see most for either June or July Community Day. The winners will be announced shortly after voting ends. The Pokémon that receives the most votes by the end of the voting period will be the featured Pokémon for June Community Day. The Pokémon that receives the second-most votes will be featured during July Community Day.
Starting today, you can get three special Uniqlo UT t-shirts from the Style Shop in Pokémon GO. The best part? They’re all available for free! Those designs are actually part of a range of real t-shirts you can get from UNIQLO online stores.
Here’s what they look like:
Pokémon Players Cup
The Pokémon Company have shared some details about the Pokémon Players Cup, an online event that will take place from June to August. Check out this page for the event itself, and the various phases!
Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?
Here’s the preview for the next episode of Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!, which airs on Sunday (May 24th) in Japan: