On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions on Nintendo Switch (originally released on August 27th 2020 in Japan, and August 28th 2020 in Europe and North America)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions – Ver. 1.10.0
- Release date: December 2nd 2020 (North America, Europe) / December 3rd 2020 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Implementation of Otomo Middle School Route
- Otomo Middle School route has been implemented in Episode of New Hero.
- Implementation of Assist Mode
- Assist Mode has been implemented for EPISODE: TSUBASA.
- Assist Mode makes team members stronger, giving you a greater than usual advantage in matches.
- Assist Mode is available in Match Settings.
- Implementation of a new in-game currency
- Balancing of Shot Power Enhancing Skills
- Certain skill combinations were enhancing shot power more than expected, so we have adjusted the effects of certain skills and captain skills.
- [Affected Skills and Captain Skills]
Power Shooter, Number One Jumper, Powerful Jumper, The Power of Bonds, The Miracle of Team Spirit, Swift Strike Mastery, No-Trap Shooter, Last Pass, Crosser, Cross Machine, Scoring Sense, Striker’s Duty, 3rd Time’s the Charm, Midfield Shooter, Longshot Shooter, Sideline Master, Fierce Tiger’s Soul, Offensive Duty, Striker’s Duty, One Shot, Certain Victory, Young Ace, Unshaking Conviction, Definite Improvement, Absolute Dominance, Hyper Co-op Play, Han Xin’s Last Stand
Certain Shots, Super Shots, and Combo Shot 2 Shot Moves have been adjusted.
- [Affected Shot Moves]
Skylab Hurricane, Skylab Hurricane w/ Masao, Skylab Hurricane w/ Kazuo, Skylab Twin Shot, Skylab Twin Shot w/ Masao + Kazuo, Toho Twin Shot, Toho Twin Shot w/ Hyuga, Toho Twin Shot w/ Sawada, Miracle Drive Shot, Arc Bridge Shot, Analyze Shot, Double-Bladed Razor Shot
- Balancing of Skylab Block
- The effective range of Skylab Block was wider than expected, so we adjusted it.
- List of changes:
- Episode of New Hero: additional route (Otomo Middle School Route)
- adds Assist Mode for Episode of Tsubasa (increasing the players’ abilities significantly)
- provides several balance adjustments, improving the overall quality of the game, especially in VERSUS and ONLINE VERSUS.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Bandai-Namco
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions – Ver. 1.0.2
- Release date: October 14th 2020 (North America, Europe) / October 15th 2020 (Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Adjusted difficulty level for Otomo/Hanawa Middle School Match in EPISODE OF TSUBASA
- Improved matchmaking in Division Match and the cost difference between players
- Added a function to display the unlock condition for an unlocked DAD.
- By pressing a certain button (Y for the NSW) on an already unlocked DAD in COLLECTION will display the unlock condition again to make it easier for it to be played again during Episode Tsubasa.
- New in-game notification system, called NEWS
- Improved game balance and other bug-related issues.
- Adding several versions of top tier Training Items to a new shop, called CC SHOP. At this new shop, you can trade in CC for items such useful for training, Custom Parts for your avatar, and more, so check it out!
- ONLINE CHALLENGE and Log-in Bonus Feature to gain new Captain Coins (CC). You can earn CC (Captain Coins) once per day when you log into the game,so don’t forget to do so! You can exchange CC at the CC Shop for items such as Training Items or Custom Parts for your avatar.
- Online challenge (daily/weekly): achieve daily and weekly challenges by meeting challenge conditions, gain even more currency, and unlock more items!
- Animation becomes double-speed – [SOLVED]
- Low FPS issue – [SOLVED]
How to download updates for Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.