Today’s Pokémon news: end of of the Roto Boost distributions for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon in Japan, but also…
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon merchandise
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
The Pokémon Company have announced that the distributions of Roto Boost items via vending machines in Pokémon Center and Pokémon Stores across Japan is set to end on June 30th. It was launched on November 17th 2017.
Source: The Pokémon Company
Niantic have announced another Adventure Week event. This one features new Shiny Pokémon, but also limited-time Field Research, and rewards for exploring new areas with your Buddy Pokémon.
Here’s the list of features:
- Rock-type Pokémon like Geodude, Rhyhorn, Omanyte, Aron, Lileep, Anorith, and many others will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Hatch Rock-type Pokémon such as Onix, Larvitar, Lileep, Anorith, and Shieldon from 2 km Eggs.
- Challenge Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon, and other Rock-type Pokémon in raids.
- You may encounter a Shiny Onix, Lileep, or Anorith if you’re lucky!
- Specially themed Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
And here’s the list of bonuses:
- Earn 4× Buddy Candy (Tip: Turn on Adventure Sync to make every step count!)
- Visit new PokéStops and earn 10× XP on your first spin of each Photo Disc
- Trainers who have Adventure Sync activated and walk 50 km will earn 50,000 Stardust and 15 Rare Candies!
The Adventure Week will run from:
- Europe: June 4th (10PM) to June 11th (10PM)
- UK: June 4th (9PM) to June 11th (9PM)
- North America (ET): June 4th (4PM) to June 11th (4PM)
- North America (PT): June 4th (1PM) to June 11th (4PM)
- Japan: June 5th (5AM) to June 12th (5AM)
Several events for Pokémon GO have been announced in the Iwate Prefecture, in Japan:
- June 1st to August 7th: AR Photo Contest
- July 1st to July 15th: increased spawns of Geodude in the Iwate Prefecture
- July 1st to July 15th: increase spawns of Sudowoodo, Onix, Omanyte, Kabuto, and Aerodactyle in the coastal area of Sanriku
Android 4 / Apple Watch
Niantic have announced that support for the following will end on July 1st:
- Android 4: support is being discontinued for old version of Android in order to streamline the development process, and focus resources on supporting new version of Android and technologies. If you’re using a device running on Android 4, you will have to either upgrade to Android 5 or later if you can, or buy a new phone if you can’t;
- Apple Watch: support is being discontinued because Adventure Sync allows users to track their distance by syncing their fitness app without using devices such as an Apple Watch.
Here’s pictures of a PokéBall-shaped bug cage for kids planning to go bug hunting this Summer, in Japan (releasing on June 8th for 1 300 Yen):
And here’s pictures of a Pikachu and Eevee toy that can “speak” when talked to:
- Nee UchiPika (out on August 3rd, 3 990 Yen)
- Nee HelloVui (out on July 11th, 2 990 Yen)