Last week, Koei-Tecmo updated the official website for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition, opening pretty much all the sections of the website (though they’re not all complete). You can click here to check it out for yourself!
Let’s start with the characters. As mentioned back when the game was announced, Hyrule Warriors – Definitive Edition includes all playable characters from both versions of Hyrule Warriors. That includes those that were part of the DLC packs.
Here’s those listed on the website so far:
- Link (weapons: Sword, Magic Rod, all and Chain, Spinner, Great Fairy, Master Sword, Epona)
- Lana (weapons: Magic Tome, Spear, Summoning Gate)
- Zelda (weapons: Rapier, Wind Waker, Dominion Rod)
- Cia (weapon: Scepter)
- Volga (weapon: Dragon Spear)
- Wizzro (weapon: Ring)
The following stages are also showcased on the website:
- Hyrule Field
- Eldin Caves
- Faron Woods
- Valley of Seers
As for the various game modes, we have:
- Legend Mode: the story mode;
- Free Mode: allows you to replay all the stages from Legend Mode that you’ve already cleared, and with pretty much any character you want. Great for farming materials.
Finally, the gameplay systems:
- Special Attacks: by collecting Force Fragments (that you can get from enemies, or from blades of grass), and filling up the special gauge, you can launch those powerful moves. Not only are they significantly more powerful than regular attacks, but they also have a much wider range;
- Focus Spirit: if you fill up the Spirit Gauge (which is done by collecting magic jars from enemies, crates, or grass), and press the R, your characters can enter this special state, which boosts their attack and attributes, and gives access to even more powerful Special Attacks;
- Weak Point Gauge: sometimes, a special gauge appears above special enemies (generally bosses). By depleting it (which is done by attacking, quite simply), you can launch a powerful attack.
Here’s the various screenshots and artworks from the official website:
But that’s not all! Earlier today, Koei-Tecmo uploaded the first character trailer for the game. It showcases Link, Lana, Impa, Linkle, Cia, Zelda, Wizzro, Volga, and Lana.
Finally, here’s some more screenshots for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition:
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Switch) comes out on March 22nd in Japan, and later this Spring in Europe and North America.