Today’s Nintendo eShop news: final logo and mascot characters for BitSummit 7 Spirits, but also…
- Gunlord X
- Arcade Archives Ninja Gaiden
BitSummit 7 Spirits
Today, the final logo and the mascot characters for the BitSummit 7 Spirits event (which takes place on June 1st and June 2nd in Japan) was revealed:
Also, the official website was launched: click here to check it out! We will have a separate post with the list of Nintendo Switch games showcased at the event: stay tuned!
NGDEV have announced that they are bringing Gunlord X, a 2D action platformer originally developed for the NeoGeo, to the Nintendo Switch. It will be released on May 22nd in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Gunlord X is a vastly improved port of Gunlord, originally developed for NeoGeo in 2012 and later ported to Dreamcast. Gunlord is the best selling indie Dreamcast game ever made with 10.000 copies sold to date. The game received an intense “Hi-Bit” overhaul for the modern game consoles in a widescreen format. Additionally new boss enemies and extended stages were added.
Gunlord X is a eurostyle platformer with emphasis on exploring huge worlds and blasting off enemies. Jump! Shoot! Explore! This game features 11 stages of exciting 2D game play with over 60 unique enemy types. Blast yourself through giant landscapes, explore caverns and reveal all secrets!
Finally, here’s the list of improvements and additional content for the Nintendo Switch version:
- Significantly increased level size of the later levels offering new secrets and challenges.
- 4 new boss enemies
- Added a completely new horizontal jet pack stage
- Permanent continue and shortcut/level warp unlocks by collecting all big diamonds in stage.
- Auto save and level select features (you can revisit already beat stages at any time)
- Accomplishments screens and statistics screens for speedrunners
- Limited enemy respawns to essential enemies.
- Added Newgame+ (for speedrunning and new secrets)
- Increased the viewport to widescreen
- Improved viewport scrolling
- Scanline/RGB CRT TV shader
- Increased sprite/particle effects
- Added alpha blending special FX (Hi-Bit “32-bit” style)
- Added parallax scrolling elements
- Added new music tracks
- Improved controls (direct control over the 360° snake beam with R Stick)
- Optional modern twin stick controls (control movement and shooting direction independently)
- Fully customizable controls
- Improved difficulty curve especially on bosses
- Rebalanced weapon powerlevels
- Added a new power shot weapon
- Stable 60 fps in both docked/undocked mode
- HD rumble
Gunlord X (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 22nd in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: NGDEV PR
Arcade Archives Ninja Gaiden
Hamster have announced that Ninja Gaiden is the latest Arcade Archives on Nintendo Switch, and that it’s releasing on May 9th worldwide. It includes both the Japanese and North American versions of the game. As usual, the price has been set to 823 Yen / 6.99€ / £6.29 / $7.99.
Here’s some pictures:
Arcade Archives Ninja Gaiden (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 9th worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!