Today’s Nintendo eShop news: release date for Firewatch, but also…
- Battle Princess Madelyn
- Decay of Logos
- Nippon Marathon
- Nairi: Tower of Shirin
Campo Santo has announced that Firewatch is finally ready for release! It will be available from December 17th on the Nintendo eShop, worldwide!
Firewatch is coming to Nintendo Switch on December 17th! We'll be in the Americas, Europe, Australia, and Japan eShops. pic.twitter.com/BJvPnTd4KU
— Campo Santo (@camposanto) December 1, 2018
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Battle Princess Madelyn
Earlier this week, Causal Bit Games shared the latest trailer for Battle Princess Madelyn, which comes out later this month on Nintendo Switch:
And in case you’ve never heard of Battle Princess Madelyn before, here’s some details about it:
Battle Princess Madelyn, developed and created by Causal Bit Games, follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard. Set in the vein of Ghouls ‘N Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breathtaking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castilla fame!
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Battle Princess Madelyn has two modes of game play: Arcade which is fast paced old school action and Story mode for the full adventure experience of questing and the battle princess!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages – some of which branch!
- Masses of upgradable weapons that depend on your armor in arcade mode, or having the upgraded at the blacksmith in story mode!
- Special weapons for special occasions and some of these grant access to secret areas!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.
Battle Princess Madelyn (Switch) comes out on December 6th in Europe and North America, and December 20th in Japan. The Wii U version will follow in Q1 2019.
Source: Causal Bit Games PR
Yesterday, the latest Kickstarter update for Ira went live. This one goes over what the developers have been busy in the past few months: switch to a new version of Unreal Engine (which caused many a things to break), recreating the artstyle for an unmodified version of Unreal 4, and more. Click here to check out the update!
Ira (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
A contest is now live for Warframe: the “Captura the Battle Contest”. It runs until December 13th, and it tasks you with using the camera and video options in Captura to feature your Warframe fighting skills in a battle scene.
Thanks to this contest, you can win a custom statue of your scene by sculpting artist CNOTBUSCH, and more:
- 1st place – a custom statue of your battle scene by CNOTBUSCH + Chroma Prime Access!
- 2nd place – a custom statue of your Warframe’s bust by CNOTBUSCH + 1000 Platinum!
- 3rd place – Chroma Prime Access!
- 4th place – 1000 Platinum!
- 5th place – 750 Platinum!
Click here for more details!
Decay of Logos
Yesterday, the developers of Decay of Logos shared the latest DevBlog post for the game. This one is quite short, but you can click here to check it out!
Here’s another screenshot:
Decay of Logos (Switch – eShop) comes out in Q1 2019 in Europe and North America.
Here’s a video clip for Nippon Marathon:
— Indie World（インディーワールド） (@IndieWorldJP) November 29, 2018
Nippon Marathon (Switch – eShop) comes out on December 17th worldwide.
Nairi: Tower of Shirin
Here’s an illustration from the developers of Nairi: Tower of Shirin, celebrating the worldwide launch:
Source: Home Bear Studios (Twitter)