Today’s Daily news: Ancestors Legacy announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- What The Golf?
- Thy Sword
- Golf With Your Friends
- Jet Lancer
- The Engine Room (SteamWorld series)
Destructive Creations have announced that they are brining Ancestors Legacy to the Nintendo Switch on June 11th, with a retail release following later this year.
Here’s some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
Ancestors Legacy is a history-inspired, real-time strategy game influenced by historical events in the Middle Ages. The game combines resource management and base-building with large-scale, squad-based battles across vast battlefields. Experience medieval bloodshed like never before thanks to the cinematic action camera that puts you right in the middle of the battle at the press of a button.
Take command of your army as you storm through medieval Europe in an extensive series of campaigns. Choosing one of the four available nations – Viking, Anglo-Saxon, German, or Slav – you will be tasked with more than just conquering, raiding, and pillaging enemy camps, villages, and towns. Only by utilizing the full range of available tactical options, taking strategic advantage of the environment, and managing your temporary bases and settlements will you emerge victorious.
Warriors must be strong and smart, skilled in analyzing the situation and predicting the enemy’s moves. They also must be able to move fast, not be bound to one spot. And that is what Ancestors Legacy will now offer, thanks to its release on Nintendo Switch – the ability to engage the enemy virtually anywhere and enjoy those 40 story missions and skirmish battles on the go.
Destructive Creations is looking forward to seeing gamers enjoy the medieval harsh battles of Ancestors Legacy also away from home. Ancestors Legacy will not let strategy fans down in terms of content, quality and accessibility via the controller, the use of which has been prepared and tested for right from the very beginning. Streamlined gameplay mechanics, on par with its original PC counterpart, user interface and control mappings are well optimized to bring a great gaming experience to console platforms, on top of which touch screen support has been added for Switch users.
Despite some hardware limitations, Ancestors Legacy still features the same refined gameplay experience, boosted by cinematic action-camera and over 600 single combat animations, all motion captured and each with a unique, precise usage in the game. The animations correctly correspond not only to the unit type and weapon it is carrying, but also to the opponent the unit is fighting, his own weapon, and the state of both units.
- Precise controls with native controller support (optional touch screen controls);
- Four playable nations in an extensive single-player campaign inspired by historical events;
- Various modes of intense skirmish battles;
- Advanced tactical options combining the use of terrain, experience, and morale;
- Cinematic battle camera view that puts you right in the center of the action;
- Streamlined resource management and village construction.
Ancestors Legacy (Switch) comes out on the Nintendo eShop on June 11th in Europe and North America, and this year at retail in Europe and North America.
What The Golf?
Triband have announced that What The Golf? will be released on May 21st in Europe and North America. It’s now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop with a 25% off pre-purchase offer (regular price: 19.99€ / £17.99 / $19.99).
The Nintendo Switch will launch with a brand new local two-player mode called Party:
This new and exciting local two-player Party mode allows friends to compete in a cavalcade of very, very serious golf courses in an attempt to make it to the flag, but both play at the same time (you know, like real golf). The Nintendo Switch version integrates some of the Switch functionalities like the touch screen and the gyro for select levels and also adds a few… surprises for players too.
What The Golf? (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 21st in Europe and North America. No release date for Japan yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Triband PR
Here’s the launch trailer and some screenshots for Thy Sword:
Thy Sword (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 15th in Europe and North America, and May 28th in Japan.
Source: Ratalaiak Games PR
Golf With Your Friends
Heads up for players interested in Golf With Your Friends: the game is now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop!
Here’s the latest trailer:
Golf With Your Friends (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 19th worldwide.
Here’s the launch trailer for Jet Lancer, now available worldwide:
The Engine Room (SteamWorld series)
Here’s the latest The Engine Room video for the SteamWorld series:
Did you know that we never use most of the game assets we develop? We dive into that and much more in today’s Q&A video. We also talk Rusty’s current whereabouts, react to game ideas from the community and much more.
- 1:17 What’s Brjánn’s favorite indie game?
- 2:43 What’s the meaning of life?
- 3:32 I’ll just leave this here…
- 5:01 What was the original SteamWorld Quest concept like?
- 7:19 Are you making a SteamWorld art book?
- 8:10 How can humans become robots?
- 8:50 What’s the deal with airline food?
- 13:13 What’s one thing you’d like to fix in one of your previous games?
- 16:20 Is Julius the PEGI guy?
- 16:50 Can you show earlier SteamWorld character designs?
- 17:21 What’s your dream crossover?
- 18:57 How are the garbled robot voices made?
- 20:06 How do I beat SteamWorld Tower Defense?
- 21:03 Is there potential for an isometric or top-down perspective SteamWorld game?
- 21:38 Blubs for Billy Gill ❤️
- 22:23 Are you making a real heroes handbook from SteamWorld Quest?
- 23:05 Are you making a SteamWorld dating sim?
- 23:57 What’s the hardest part about making a new SteamWorld game?
- 26:15 Is SteamWorld Quest coming to other platforms?
- 26:35 Is there a new Dig game planned?
- 26:53 What’s the next SteamWorld genre?
- 27:14 Are you making DLC for SteamWorld Dig 2?
- 28:14 Who’s your favorite customer?
- 28:42 When are we getting SteamWorld Climb?
- 29:13 Does Brjánn prefer Julius with our without a beard?
- 29:30 Will we be getting a new SteamWorld Dig in the future?
- 29:42 What’s your next genre?
- 30:01 What are your team’s most controversial decisions?
- 31:07 Are there lingon berries in SteamWorld?
- 31:45 Where is Rusty?
- 32:23 Is there potential for a SteamWorld horror game?
- 33:00 Are these influences for SteamWorld?
- 33:18 Why aren’t all of your games on PS4?
- 33:45 Are you making a 3D game using Unreal?