The ACA NeoGeo series is a sub-series of the Arcade Archive series, that sees classics from the NeoGeo re-released on digital storefronts (such as the Nintendo eShop). On Nintendo Swich, the series debuted on March 3rd, and since then, Hamster has released at least one title a week.
There’s now over 20 titles available on the console, and Nintendo thought it would be interesting to see which ones were the most popular. That’s why they shared a Top 20 of the most popular ACA NeoGeo titles today, that goes from March 3rd to July (exact end date isn’t specified). Naturally, no exact sales data is provided.
Here’s the Top 20 of the most popular ACA NeoGeo titles on Nintendo Switch:
- Metal Slug 3 (03.3.2017)
- The King of Fighters ’98 (03.3.2017)
- Metal Slug (30.3.2017)
- Samurai Shodown IV (13.4.2017)
- The King of Fighters ’99 (25.5.2017)
- The King of Fighters ’94 (16.3.2017)
- Metal Slug 2 (06.7.2017)
- Blazing Star (02.05.2017)
- Alpha Mission II (06.4.2017)
- World Heroes Perfect (03.3.2017)
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves (11.5.2017)
- Waku Waku 7 (03.3.2017)
- Fatal Fury Special (13.7.2017)
- Shock Troopers (03.3.2017)
- Shock Troopers: Second Squad (08.6.2017)
- Magical Drop 2 (29.6.2017)
- Last Resort (01.6.2017)
- Neo Turf Masters (23.3.2017)
- Fatal Fury: The King of Fighters (23.4.2017)
One thing to note about this Top 20 is that it’s based on sales in Japan. It’s likely the results would have been quite different if it also included sales from Europe and North America.
Speaking of ACA NeoGeo titles, did you end up purchasing any, and if yes, which ones? Make sure to let us know in the comments below, we promise no zombie shark will attack you if you choose to do so.