Today’s Pokémon news: latest episode of the Pokémon: Twilight Wings web anime series, but also…
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon merchandise
Pokémon: Twilight Wings
Here’s the latest episode of the Pokémon: Twilight Wings web anime series (only available in Japanese for now):
The English version of that episode will go live next week, on April 21st.
Source: The Pokémon Company (Twitter)
Niantic have shared some more details about the Abra Community Day, which has been rescheduled to April 25th (11AM to 5PM local time).
Here’s the various features and changes for this one:
- Abra will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Abra.
- Evolve Abra during the event or up to two hours afterward to obtain an Alakazam that knows an exclusive attack. We’d like to announce here that that exclusive attack will be the Fighting-type Fast Attack Counter!
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to unlock a Community Day–exclusive Special Research story—Investigating Illusions! Complete it for 13,000 Stardust, a Poffin, a Rocket Radar, and other rewards. Stay tuned for when tickets go live! The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable. Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.
- As mentioned above, Community Day will now run for six hours instead of the regular three.
- The bonus will now be 3× Catch Stardust. This will be the perfect time to collect Stardust and power up your Pokémon for the GO Battle League!
- Instead of Lure Modules, Incense will last for three hours for the duration of the event.
- Buddy Pokémon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring you helpful items, such as Poké Balls, throughout the event. To take full advantage of this bonus, check out this help center article to learn how to get to Great Buddy with your buddy.
- There’ll be a special one-time purchase April Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, three Super Incubators, and three Incense for 1,280 PokéCoins.
- Take a snapshot during Community Day for a surprise!
Niantic have announced yet another event for Pokémon GO: the Buddy Event. It will take place from April 21st to April 27th local time.
Here’s the various features and bonuses:
- Volbeat and Illumise, normally found only in specific regions, will be appearing everywhere in the wild, in Eggs, and as reward encounters from Field Research tasks! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Volbeat or a Shiny Illumise!
- For the first time, you’ll be able to encounter Woobat in the wild and after completing certain Field Research tasks. Woobat will be available in the wild and in 2 km Eggs after Buddy Up is over.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild: Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs and at a higher rate: Alolan Meowth, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik.
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and encounters with Alolan Meowth, Volbeat, Illumise, and Woobat.
- Buddy Pokémon will be bringing you more surprises more often! Look out for more items and Souvenirs. Your buddy might even bring you a new kind of gift!
- The distance to earn Buddy Candy and hearts with your buddy will be halved.
- It’ll be easier for your buddy to get excited!
- Feed your buddy Berries and Poffins, and it’ll join you on the map for twice as long.
- Earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon, your buddy or otherwise!
Here’s pictures of a camo Pokémon stroller, releasing this May in Japan:
And here’s pictures of more Pokémon Shirts designs, featuring Pokémon from the Johto region: