On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various updates for Horse Tales: Emerald Valley Ranch on Nintendo Switch (originally released on November 3rd 2022 in Europe, and November 15th 2022 in North America)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Horse Tales: Emerald Valley Ranch – Ver. 1.1.3
- Release date: January 4th 2022 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed a critical bug where the game would stop saving eventually. With the patch, your autosave should work as usual again if it previously stopped saving. Unfortunately, we cannot restore completely corrupted save files, but the patch will greatly reduce the chance of save game corruption in the future.
- The save game changes also fix decoration slots within building slots (including obstacles in riding hall and riding space). These were previously not saved correctly. It’s possible that some decorations need to be rebuilt after the patch, but they will be saved correctly from now on.
- Fixed a bug where gene test results would not be cleared properly when switching horses, and some horses would show the wrong genes as a result.
- Fixed gene testing for leg markings. Note that unfortunately some issues with the face markings remain. Also note that in some cases the Tobiano gene will cause more white leg markings than what the Markings section displays.
- Gene testing now displays the full pattern string, including dominant and recessive genes.
- Fixed a bug where horses with the “Food Lover” trait would be much slower than intended.
- Fixed a bug where wild horses would not respawn properly after resting. Note that sometimes, the same horse may reappear multiple times after being scared off.
- Fixed a bug where a chest would spawn a small Gazebo instead of the Gazebo blueprint.
- Fixed a bug where some quest horses would be ‘mixed warmblood’ instead of purebred Selle Français. This fix will only affect new saves, not horses that were already caught/found.
- Fixed a bug where the player would fall through the ground if they chose “Reset to Estate” while leading their horse.
- Fixed the button mapping for the Rename Horse option so you can do it without using the touchscreen.
- Removed pink face markings that were wrongly displayed on the horses.
- Fixed that some areas would not count properly towards completing “Vertigo” or “Afraid of the Dark” trait missions.
- Fixed that wild horses would sometimes have both “Vertigo” and “Uneasy with Heights” (or: both “Afraid in the Dark” and “Uneasy in the Dark”) traits and that the relevant trait mission couldn’t be completed as a result. Unfortunately, further issues with some traits not getting removed after completing the missions (Out of Shape, Lazy Jumper, Lazy Sprinter) are still being investigated. If you have this problem, please consider sending us your save file!
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Microids
Horse Tales: Emerald Valley Ranch – Ver. 1.1.2
- Release date: November 19th 2022 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- Fixed a critical bug in Mission “Lost in Sight” where players could not talk to Gabriel to complete the mission
- Fixed a critical bug in Mission “Meet Lilli” where the mission wouldn’t continue after beating Lilli’s initial high score
- Fixed a crash that occurred in the stable menu when switching quickly through sorting tabs
- Fixed the camera for horse customizations
- Fixed a bug where a black screen would appear after breeding or after swapping horses
- Fixed a bug where the avatar’s clothes would occasionally disappear during minigames
- Fixed a bug where the Lap information wouldn’t update properly during the Sneaky Ways race
- Fixed a bug where the user couldn’t control the sensitivity settings using a controller
- Fixed a visual issue (floating dishes because of a missing table in Saint-Elige Village)
- Fixed a collider issue near the gate to Azurine Valley so the user cannot glitch through the wall anymore
- Fixed a collider issue where it was possible for the player to get trapped after jumping over a fence near Shipwreck Shore
- Fixed a bug where Dirty and Crusty conditions would not be properly displayed on the horses (dirt texture shown inconsistently)
- Fixed that dialogues no longer remain on screen when teleporting back to Estate
- Fixed the Greenwood Hills gate interaction so the gate can be properly unlocked once the player has the key
- Fixed an issue where some tutorial messages would show up too early after the player pets the starter horse
- Fixed a critical bug where horses would get stressed from Jumping
- Fixed a bug where the mission marker would not show up during the mission “A Lesson in Style”
- Fixed a bug where the race timer would show up during gameplay after the user quit during a race
- Fixed a bug where (with DLC enabled) wild horses would show up as Mixed Warmbloods instead of Selle Francais (and breeding them could result in Irish Cobs)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when repeatedly jumping off the vantage point above the estate
- Horse no longer comes into the player’s home when whistled for (this led to camera issues when mounting indoors)
- Fixed a display issue where the construction slot pole for a bridge on the estate would go missing
- Breeding Menu now shows Traits instead of Conditions
- Fixed some issues where bridges would sometimes disappear after being built.
- Game menu no longer gets truncated on 4:3 and 5:4 aspect ratios
- Removed faulty placeholder messages that would show up in the player’s mailbox after completing all missions
- Fixed a bug in mission “A Hearty Welcome” where Gabriel would continue moving before the player actually crossed the riverKnown issues
Aesir Interactive is working on further bugfixes and performance improvements. These are some of the most urgent issues we are aware of and working on fixing:
- Working on fixing Genetics Testing, currently the same result is shown for different horses.
- Working on fixing building placement issues, decoration slots within other buildings are not getting saved properly
- Will fix button mapping of Rename Horse function on Switch. Can be worked around by tapping the name on the Switch’s touch screen.
- Investigating Performance issues and improvements on Switch (blurred rendering)
- Investigating Savegame issues (autosave no longer working)
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Microids (Twitter)
How to download updates for Horse Tales: Emerald Valley Ranch for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Horse Tales: Emerald Valley Ranch, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.