Announced back in February, Dr. Mario World was initially slated for an early Summer release. And it looks like it will not be delayed, as Nintendo have just announced that it will be released on July 10th worldwide (see below for the complete list of countries getting the game at launch). Like most previous mobile games from Nintendo, it will be Free 2 Play with the usual microtransactions.
If you’re wondering how Dr. Mario World plays, make sure to check out the overview trailer below:
And here’s three videos showcasing the 3 viruses:
Next, here’s some details about Dr. Mario World:
■ You can use your puzzle skills to eliminate pesky viruses!
• You can match capsules with viruses and watch them disappear! By matching three objects of the same color vertically or horizontally you can clear them.
• Luckily, Dr. Mario and friends have virus-busting skills, and you can use leftover half-capsules to strategically zero in on especially meddlesome viruses.
• Take your time, because each puzzling configuration of viruses must be cleared using a limited number of capsules. Keep calm to plan your approach, and you’ll rid Dr. Mario’s world of viruses in no time!
■ Paging Dr. Mario!
• A colorful cast of viruses has Dr. Mario’s world in a panic! Dr. Mario and friends have put on lab coats and grabbed capsules! Now they’re ready to eliminate those unruly viruses.
• Dr. Mario isn’t the only one on call—Dr. Peach, Dr. Bowser, and others are on duty. You can staff up with assistants like Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and Buzzy Beetle to help your doctors out with additional skills.
• Doctors and assistants have various virus-busting skills. You can experiment to find a combination that suits your style and pace.
• Hundreds of stages over many different worlds are ready for you to save! New worlds, new doctors, and more will be delivered on a regular basis.
■ Play together with friends and family around the world!
• You’re not in this alone—send and receive stamina-giving hearts to use in stage mode! Then, show off your puzzle-solving progress.
• In versus mode, you can turn up the intensity on your virus-busting by challenging others to a one-on-one showdown—without using hearts!
• You can try to find the right combo of doctor and assistants and aim for victory online to earn battle points and increase your tier!
As mentioned back in Febuary, the game will initially launch in 60 countries. Here’s the list of countries getting the game on July 10th:
- Anguilla [iOS Only]
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Aruba [Android Only]
- Barbados [iOS Only]
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dominica [iOS Only]
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Grenada [iOS Only]
- Haiti [Android Only]
- Hong Kong
- Liechtenstein [Android Only]
- Montserrat [iOS Only]
- Netherlands Antilles [Android Only]
- New Zealand
- Saint Kitts and Nevis [iOS Only]
- Saint Lucia [iOS Only]
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines [iOS Only]
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands [iOS Only]
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Virgin Islands (British) [iOS Only]
More coutries will be added later, but we don’t know when exactly.
Next, here’s the required specs to run Dr. Mario World on your device:
- iOS11.0 and up
- iPhones with a 64-bit CPU (iPhone 5s and up)/iPad/iPod touch are supported
- Android OS4.4 and up
- at least 2GB of RAM is recommended
Finally, here’s the list of languages supported at launch:
- Spanish (Spain/Latin America)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Chinese (Traditional/Simplified)
Once the game is live, we will make sure to list all the Events and Content Updates for the game on this page!
Dr. Mario World (Android, iOS) comes out on July 10th worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!