Today’s Pokémon news: more details about the Hat Pikachu distribution for the latest Pokémon movie, but also…
- Battle Competition (Japan)
- Pokémon TCG
- Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Hat Pikachu distribution
A few days ago, leaks from CoroCoro magazine allowed us to get some details about one of the two distributions for the latest Pokémon movie (Pokémon The Movie: Pokémon, I Choose You!, opening on July 15th in Japan). Now that the magazine is officially available in stores, The Pokémon Company has shared more details about the distribution.
First, what’s in common: all the Pikachu versions come in a standard Poké Ball, and have Static as their Ability. They also come with the Pikashunium Z, that allows them to use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt).
Next, here’s details about them all:
- Original cap: from April 15th to May 1st, and from July 19th to July 31st. Comes at Level 1, with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder, and Agility;
— ポケモン公式ツイッター (@Pokemon_cojp) March 16, 2017
- Hoenn Cap: from May 3rd to May 15th, and from August 2nd to August 14th. Comes at Level 6, with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder, and Iron Tail;
- Sinnoh Cap: from May 17th to May 29th, and from August 16th to August 28th. Comes at Level 10, with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, and Volt Tackle;
- Unova Cap: from May 31st to June 12th, and from August 30th to September 11th. Comes at Level 14, with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, and Volt Tackle;
- Kalos Cap: from June 14th to June 26th, and from September 13th to September 25th. Comes at Level 17, with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, and Electro Ball
- Alola Cap: from June 28th to July 17th, and from September 27th to October 9th. Comes at Level 20, with the moves Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, and Electro Ball.
Here’s some pictures for that Hat Pikachu distribution:
Source: Serebii / The Pokémon Company
Battle competition (Japan)
Today, the latest Battle Competition for Pokémon Sun and Moon was announced. It’s the Japan Championships 2017, and as the name implies, it’s only for players in Japan. It allows for players to qualify for the Pokémon World Championships. Here’s everything you need to know:
- Rules: stadanrd VGC 2017 rules
- Registration (Juniors and Seniors divisions): March 30th to April 28th;
- Registration (Masters division): March 30th to April 15th;
- Battles (Juniors division): April 28th to May 1st
- Battles (Master divisions): April 15th to April 17th, April 21st to April 23rd, April 26th to April 28th, April 30th to May 2nd, and May 6th to May 8th (ratings from all 5 periods are added up).
- Reward: Top 50 players will be invited to a competition to be held on June 18th.
Here’s a trailer for the Pokémon Trading Card Game:
Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Here’s the preview for the next episode of Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!, airing this Sunday in Japan: