Kirby Star Allies is one of the games playable on Nintendo’s booth at the World Hobby Fair ’18 Winter in Japan. As a family-friendly, multiplayer-enabled platformer, it’s definitely the perfect game to showcase during such an event!
In the demo playable at the show, players can control various enemies-turned-allies, and use their abilities to defeat enemies. They can also mix them with Kirby’s own Copy Abilities, in order to create powerful Friend Abilities.
And the latest trailer for Kirby Star Allies just happen to showcase those very allies and Friend Abilities. Check it out now:
The trailer showcases the following allies and Friend Abilities:
- Poppy Bros. Jr: allows you to throw bombs at enemies. Combine it with a Chilly’s ice power as Kirby to get the Blizzard Bomb Friend Ability, that freezes things around the bombs when they explode;
- Blade Knight: allows you to use a sword to attack enemies. Combine it with a Waddle Doo’s beam power as Kirby to get the electric sword Friend Ability (self-explanatory!);
- Burning Leo: allows you to burn enemies with the power of fire. Combine it with Kirby’s Yo-Yo Copy Ability to get the flame Yo-Yo Friend Ability;
- Parasol Waddle Dee: allows you to attack enemies using a parasol. You can also protect yourself from enemies with it. The parasol can also be extended, in order to protect all allies (particularly useful in boss battles);
- Chilly: allows you to use the power of ice. Combine it with Kirby’s Yo-Yo Copy Ability to get the Blizzard Yo-Yo Friend Ability, that you can use to create pillars of ice;
- Sir Kibble: allows you to cut enemies using a blade. Combine it with a Chilly’s ice power to get the Blizzard Cutter Friend Ability, that freezes pretty much anything on its path;
- Gim: allows you to attack enemies using a Yo-Yo. Combine it with a Burning Leo’s fire power to get the fire Yo-Yo Friend Ability, and burn pretty much anything on your path;
- Waddle Doo: allows you to attack enemies using a variety of beam attacks. Combine it with Kirby’s Bomb Copy Ability to get the electric bombs Friend Ability.
Kirby: Star Allies (Switch) comes out on March 16th, worldwide.