Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Speed Brawl announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Mecha Storm
- Lost Sea
- Shadows of Adam
- PixelJunk Monsters 2
- Hex Gambit
- Score Studios
Earlier this week, Kongregate and Double Stallion announced that Speed Brawl (a stylish, anime-inspired 2D combat-racer) was headed to the Nintendo Switch this Summer. Here’s all you need to know about the game:
Speed Brawl throws players into a balletic symphony of lightning-quick combat through the dank locales of a dystopian London in an all-out bloodsport. Filled with armored brutes, vicious aliens, and outlandish bosses, the world of Speed Brawl captures the humor and over-the-top action from over three decades of cult classic cinema.
The fast and hard-hitting combat in Speed Brawl forces players to maintain momentum while judiciously managing the available energy used to unleash powerful special moves.
Players can upgrade and customize their tag-team of fighters through the acquisition of equipment and unlocking new and improved skills.
The game’s campaign can be played as a single or cooperative multiplayer experience the whole way through, both local and online. Furthermore, players can race their friends and players around the world for the best times across the game’s event leaderboards. The environment is furnished with a collection of physics-based contraptions and interactable objects like poles, explosive barrels, boost pads, and deadly circular saws that players can use to dispatch enemies in new and increasingly flashy ways.
Speed Brawl (Swithc – eShop) will be released this Summer in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Kongregate / Double Stallion PR
Earlier this week, ENP Games announced they were bringing their very first console game, Mecha Storm, to the Nintendo Switch. It will be released on May 25th in Europe and North America, and will cost 19.99€ / $19.99.
Here’s all you need to know about it:
In full 3D graphics, Mecha Storm is an action-packed third-person RPG that invites players to strap into large mech units and battle it out in mech vs mech combat. Players will have to strategically utilize different mech types and upgrades to claim victory in over 50 fast-paced battles that take place on alien worlds. Players get to customize their teams, and swap in and out their mech units during battle to defeat the enemy and save the galaxy.
- Real-time 3rd person 3D mech vs mech combat
- Beautiful battle arenas taking place on alien worlds and futuristic cities
- Upgradable mech units
- Close-combat, Mid-range, and Long-range action
Finally, here’s two pieces of key art:
Mecha Storm (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 25th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: ENP Games PR
Earlier this week, eastasiasoft announced that Lost Sea (an explorative action-adventure game) will be released on May 31st worldwide. The Nintendo Switch version includes all the updates from the other releases, and even features a more beginner-friendly difficulty level. The game costs 9.99€ / $9.99 / 980 Yen, and is currently available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop.
Here’s all you need to know about the game:
Lost Sea is an explorative action-adventure game set inside the perilous environment of the Bermuda Triangle. Select your hero and recruit a ragtag crew of survivors who can help you navigate the hazardous island chain. Scour each island for the mysterious tablets you need to navigate the waters of the Lost Sea and venture closer to the mysterious portal, that you hope, will transport you home.
- EXPLORE! Uncover an archipelago of unique islands as you explore the Lost Sea. Fill in your map as you chart a range of environments, from lush jungle to arid desert or icy tundra, there are millions of different islands to discover.
- BATTLE! Encounter an array of dangerous critters previously lost to the mists of time. Each biome features a different set of critters, each with their own attacks and behavior patterns.
- ADAPT! Develop your skills as a survivor as you learn powerful new player abilities and special moves. Scavenge the islands for treasure to buy upgrades for your ship to assist with your journey.
- LEAD! The archipelago is inhabited with a large cast of stranded, each with their own traits and abilities. Crew members can perform a number of vital tasks, from assisting with combat to unlocking new areas of islands.
- SURVIVE! The world of Lost Sea is a dangerous and unforgiving place. Use your trusty machete to protect yourself, and your crew, as anyone unfortunate enough to die from creature attack or a trap won’t be coming back.
- ESCAPE! Not everyone in the Bermuda Triangle wants to leave. Battle powerful bosses hell-bent on stopping you from making it to the portal alive.
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Lost Sea (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 31st worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: eastasiasoft PR / Gamer
Shadows of Adam
Yesterday, Circle Ent. and Something Classic Games announced that Shadows of Adam was headed to the Nintendo Switch. No release date yet, but we do have plenty of details for it:
Tucked away from the outside world by the impenetrable haze of the Misty Woods, the village of Adam has mostly lived in peace since the days of the Wraith War. Magic, the dark power that fueled that war has vanished. But darkness is descending once more and Adam’s legendary hero, Orazio, is no more.
10 years ago he left without explanation and never returned, leaving his son and adopted daughter to wrestle with the dark secret he left behind—a secret that must now be revealed if the children hope to save both Adam and their departed father, though its revelation could unhinge the world.
- Compelling Character Driven Story: Shadows of Adam’s story is one with a deep narrative and an interesting plot. The story revolves around 4 main characters: Asrael, Kellan, Curtis and Talon.
- A Strategic AP Management Battle System: AP is restored between each round of battle automatically and through defeating enemies. This allows a unique attrition system that encourages skill use and fast combat.
- Beautiful Visuals: Shadows of Adam features beautifully modernized visuals inspired by classic JRPGs of the SNES-era.
- Original Soundtrack With Over 44 Tracks: An original soundtrack by Tyler Mire that’s inspired by music from the genre’s greatest games. This soundtrack includes unique themes for each area and character and has an emphasis on strong melodies and an emotional connection.
Shadows of Adam (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Circle Ent. PR
PixelJunk Monsters 2
Via the official website, Spike-Chunsoft has detailed the two DLC that will be released for PixelJunk Monsters:
- Release date: June 19th
- Price: $4.99
- New Area: Encore Peak (3 stages
- 4 new Masks
- New Tower: Missile
- 4 new Shells
- Release date: July 3rd
- Price: $4.99
- New Area: Kibogamine (3 stages)
- New Tower: Mana
- 4 new Enemies
- 8 new Danganronpa Masks
- Release date: May 25th (May 24th in Japan)
- Price: $7.99
- Encore Pack
- Danganronpa Pack
Here’s some pictures:
PixelJunk Monsters 2 (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 24th in Japan, and May 25th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: official website
Here’s the latest video clip for Hex Gambit:
— One Man Left Studios (@OneManLeft) May 18, 2018
Hex Gambit (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Earlier today, Score Studios shared some early details about the next Piczle game, and revealed that it will have a proper story. It will be told in a “classic style”, through a “hand-scripted data-driven system”.
Here’s a video clip showing that system (with placeholder assets):
#TheNextPiczle *will* have a story, in classic style through a hand-scripted data-driven system (here seen using placeholder graphics). #screenshotsaturday#indiegamedev #gamedev #indiedev #nindies #logicpuzzle #puzzlegame #eshop #NintendoSwitch #switcheshop #ue4 #unrealengine pic.twitter.com/SuOgJmSRIo
— Score Studios (@ScoreStudios) May 19, 2018