Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Children of Zodiarcs announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
Children of Zodiarcs
Plug In Digital have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Children of Zodiarcs, a “story-driven, single-player deck & dice tactical RPG” developed by Cardboard Utopia. It will be released on March 27th, and it’s now available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop for 17.99€.
Here’s some details and the list of key features for the game:
Children of Zodiarcs is a story-driven, single-player deck & dice tactical RPG where strategy and controlled risk build tension, anticipation and excitement! Infiltrating the chambers of a decadent noble, Nahmi and her fellow thieves intend to steal a priceless relic. But what awaits them is more than anyone bargained for.
Relentlessly pursued by city guards heavily armed with deadly Zodiarc weapons, they are forced to make a desperate escape through gilded palace chambers, sun-drenched slums and dank underground catacombs. As they battle rival bandit gangs and even a clan of subterranean cannibals, it becomes clear that they have only each other to depend on. To emerge victorious, they will need to trust one another and use everything at their disposal, making choices that no one should have to make.
Can a motley crew of outsiders survive this vicious world without sacrificing their own humanity?
- Combat Cards: Each of your party members’ attacks & abilities are bound to combat cards. Drawing different cards during battle provides you with ever changing combat possibilities every time you fight!
- Empower Cards through Dice: Once you’ve chosen your attack, physics based dice allow you to roll for bonuses! Favoring symbols over numbers, these dice deliver attack, defence, healing, and special ability modifiers.
- Influencing Lady Luck: To add yet more layers of stratagem to Children of Zodiarcs, you can craft dice to favour your play style, and re-roll up to two dice every time you throw. You need not fear being at Lady Luck’s mercy!
- A World Full of Characters: Along the way you’ll come to learn about Nahmi – stolen from her homeland as a child, Brice – forced to survive on the mean streets of Torus; Zirchhoff – a charismatic bandit leader who employs young orphans to do his bidding: as well as many more mischief makers.
- Building Decks: Each playable character comes with their own customisable deck. This allows you to tailor their skillset to the types of attacks and abilities you want to have in your hand during the heat of combat.
- A Fully Orchestrated Score: Children of Zodiarcs’ music captures the feel of tactical RPG classics with its fully orchestrated soundtrack composed by the award winning team at Vibe Avenue
Children of Zodiarcs (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 27th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Plug In Digital PR
Here’s some footage for Fuser, the latest game from Harmonix:
Fuser (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Here’s the trailer for Onyx, the latest Legend to be added to Brawlhalla (via the latest Software update, Ver. 3.58):