Brawlhalla (Switch): Software updates (latest: Patch 3.33)
On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Brawlhalla on Nintendo Switch (originally released on November 6th 2018 in Europe and North America)
How to download updates for Brawlhalla for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Brawlhalla on Nintendo Switch, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game’s icon in the Home Menu and press – or + to get to the options screen. The version number is displayed below the title.
Click here for more Software updates!
Brawlhalla – Patch 3.33
- Release date: November 28th 2018 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
New Legend – Dusk
- Dusk – “The Renegade Sorcerer”
- Weapons: Orb, Spear
- Orb is a new Weapon made from stone and magic!
- Stats: 6 Strength, 7 Dexterity, 4 Defense, 5 Speed
Dusk enters with 3 new Skins:
- Raven Shaman Dusk – “The mystic arts shouldn’t be toyed with.”
- Thornwood Dusk – “Seeks to eclipse the Fangwild in a canopy of thorns.”
- Imperial Lord Dusk – “Punishment will be swift.”
New Weapon – Orb
- The Orb is a new Weapon brought into Valhalla by Dusk!
- He molded it from stone and magic, crafting it during his imprisonment.
- The Orb introduces a new mechanic to Brawlhalla. By using the Down Air, the Orb can bounce off of hard surfaces, like walls or platforms.
- Dusk is the first Legend wielding Orb, but not the last! More Legends using the Orb will be released in the future.
- Rayman’s price has been reduced.
- Rayman is now priced at 5400g!
- Skysail and Synthwave Chest now available with exclusive Skins!
- Check out the new sales items!
Brawl of the Week – KO Mania!
Square off against your opponent in this hard hitting KO fest. Chew through your foe’s 5 Stocks with damage cranked up to an insane 300%! Send your challenger into orbit before they know what hit them. First to 5 KOs wins!
- 5 Stocks!
- 300% Damage!
- Improved memory clean up on consoles by making it multi-threaded, allowing it to complete its task faster. Forced memory clean up to occur when loading a match and reduced its frequency, so it is unlikely to occur during a typical match. This allows for smoother gameplay framerates on consoles (less likely to drop multiple frames).
- Nintendo Switch: Added a separate Handheld Camera Mode system setting that is used in place of the normal Camera Mode when the Switch is undocked. By default, Handheld Camera is set to the new Close camera setting.
- Added a Close camera setting, intended for handheld play but available on all platforms.
- Choosing random Defeat Taunt will now randomly choose between all owned Taunts instead of defaulting to only Facepalm.
- Improved UI render performance of player names during gameplay.
- Adjusted the art of Rocket Lance during side light active frames to better visually match the threat of the move.
New controller option: Improved Joysticks
- This will be on by default for all players on all platforms.
- If you’re on Switch, this will be different. To revert back to the way the sticks used to work, uncheck the “Improved Joysticks” box.
- If the box is unchecked, the joystick interpretation will be straightforward with each of the 4 directions functioning completely independently from each other. If your stick is at least halfway in a direction, that direction will be considered held.
- If the box is left checked, the joystick interpretation will try to be smarter about how it determines your stick direction. First, it will take the stick’s position relative to your thumb into account since what most people input as “up” on the stick is slightly affected by where the stick is relative to the base of their thumb.
- Fixed UI bug causing the arrows above players to not reflect team color when playing on console.
- Fixed UI bug causing bot names to not correctly update when changing Legends during the Strikeout game mode.
- Mammoth Megafan Sidekick from the BCX 2018 Pack now has the correct in-game display name.
- Fixed minor graphical issues with Rayman’s head in character select.
- Fixed bug causing the Kung Foot game mode icon to not correctly appear during character select.
- In Kung Foot, fixed some rare visual bugs where the ball’s spinning would change direction or accelerate without reason.
- Fixed a replay bug where the marker on the replay timeline wouldn’t update correctly in game modes that force teams to be on.
- Fixed a rare bug that could cause the pause menu to display over the scoreboard and lock up the game as a result.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Ubisoft
Brawlhalla – Patch 3.32
- Release date: November 6th 2018 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
Rayman and his friends join the fight – Yeah!!
Rayman joins the Legends of Brawlhalla! Alongside him, Globox and Barbara will be Epic Crossover Skins for Cassidy and Brynn, respectively. We’re celebrating Rayman and his friends joining the fray with a new game mode, Kung Foot, a new Team Photo Taunt (where players can taunt with you), new KO Effect, new Podium, +250 Gold to your daily log-in bonus, and so much more! Items from this event will remain available in Mallhalla even after the event has ended.
See the complete list below for all the Rayman-themed goodies:
New Legend – Rayman
- Rayman – “Champion of the Glade of Dreams”
- Weapons: Gauntlets, Axe
- Stats: 5 Strength, 5 Dexterity, 6 Defense, 6 Speed
Rayman enters with 3 new Skins:
- Raymesis – “He stops at nothing to soil Rayman’s reputation.”
- Sir Rayelot – “A mysterious hero who never takes his helmet off.”
- Raydvar – “Bödvar seems a little off today…”
Epic Crossover Skins
- Barbara Brynn – “A strong barbarian princess – no one wields an axe quite like her!”
- Globox Cassidy – “Rayman’s dependable best friend, as long as there aren’t Robo-Pirates around.”
New Game Mode – Kung Foot!
Rayman brings with him a brand new insanely fun game mode! High five your partner and get ready to compete in Kung Foot. Anything goes in this fast paced sport as you kick, bash, and slash the ball through the opposing team’s goal. The more you damage the ball the faster it goes. Goooooooooooooal!
- 2-8 player
- Score to Win
- No Gadgets
- KO opponents in your own goal
- Custom game mode
Rayman has brought along a few treats from the Glade of Dreams to Mallhalla!
- Team Photo – “Say Cheese!” Bonus: Players can taunt nearby to pose with you!
- Our very first team Taunt!
- Only one player needs to have the Taunt in order for others to participate.
- Even your opponents can join in on the fun!
- Medieval Dragon – “Your opponent’s not winning this boss fight.”
- Spellbound Tree – “From the Dream Forest to the Great Hall!”
- Lum King – “This one collects YOU!”
The Rayman event will also feature a UI Takeover and +250 Gold per login!
- Find Rayman items by following the lums in Mallhalla!
- Introducing Rayman as a new Legend!
- Rayman enters with 3 new Skins: Raymesis, Sir Rayelot, & Raydvar
- Epic Crossover Skins: Barbara Brynn and Globox Cassidy
- Team Photo Taunt
- Medieval Dragon KO Effect
- Spellbound Tree Podium
- Lum King Sidekick
- Check out the new sales items!
Brawl of the Week – Kung Foot!
Our newest game mode debuts in the BotW. Join the fun with this 2v2 team game that’s all the rage in the Brawlhalla sports scene. You can learn the ropes with a friend or queue solo – don’t worry team damage is off. First team to score 5 goals wins!
- 5 goals
- 100% Damage
- 5 Minute Timer
- Optimized the Graveyard Shift Podium to run better on consoles.
- Fixed a bug causing the room privacy lock icon to display on the wrong part of the screen when playing on Steam.
The new Legend rotation for this week includes: Scarlet, Brynn, Koji, Zariel, Mirage, Cassidy, Xull, and Lucien
- Scarlet – A former female boxing champion of England and head of the Royal Airship Navy, this Legend uses her ingenuity and steam power to build her own Rocket Lance and Grappling Hammer to take into battle.
- Brynn – Competing for the pure joy of it, this Valkyrie has seen many victories due to her skill with the Axe and Spear.
- Koji – Armed with his ancestral katana, Koji slices his way through the battlefield with Sword and Bow!
- Zariel – The Celestial, a warrior deity of Holy Justice, who abides in blessed Elysium. Zariel uses Gauntlets and Bow to take down both Demon hordes and any warrior participating in the Grand Tournament.
- Mirage – An occultist, martial artist, and spy, this agent uses the powers of magic and time-travel along with her Scythe and Spear to take down her foes.
- Cassidy – The Marshal of the Old West is ready to instill justice into Valhalla with both Hammer and Blasters!
- Xull – With legendary physical strength, this Axe and Cannon wielding Orc Warlord is ready to challenge everyone and everything in Valhalla!
- Lucien – This mysterious highwayman is always scheming for gold, and now has come to Valhalla to take part in the tournament wielding Katars and Blasters!
- Additional notes: this update is only for players who got early access to the game. This is the launch version for everyone else.
- Source: Ubisoft