Today’s Daily news: over 20 of gameplay for Cris Tales, but also…
- Port Royale 4
- Streets of Rage 4
- Adam’s Venture: Origins
Modus Games have shared the latest video for Cris Tales, which offers over 20 minutes of gameplay:
The footage finds protagonist, Crisbell, setting out from the bustling harbor of St. Clarity to solve a mysterious disappearance. By inquiring with neighboring townsfolk and using her incredible power to visit the past, Crisbell discovers a lead which guides her toward a string of exciting battles and a grim realization. See how Crisbell’s time-shifting skill aids her quest for answers and lends an upper hand in combat.
And here’s some more details for the game:
Cris Tales is a captivating tribute to classic RPGs which brings the past, present, and future together on one screen. Players wield the incredible ability to battle across eras and will witness the influence of their actions on the world around them as their choices ripple across time. Cris Tales’ rich, stunningly hand-drawn imagery depicts a varied and fantastical land which is enchanting to explore, making every step of Crisbell’s overarching fight to stop an Empress’ ruthless plans as beautiful as it is compelling.
Cris Tales (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Modus Games PR
Port Royale 4
Kalypso Media have announced that Port Royale 4 will be released on September 25th in Europe and North America.
Here’s the latest trailer, along with some more details and the list of key features:
Set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. In Port Royale 4 you will take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor, eager to learn what it takes to manage and grow their small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of the respective cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfill tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
For the first time in the series, naval battles will be turn-based, with up to 8 ships battling at one time and tactical captain maneuvers that can turn the tide in even the most hopeless of situations for a glorious victory.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles.
- Take on four extensive single player campaigns following each nation on their path to supremacy.
- Appoint a leader for your adventure from four different character classes: The Explorer, the Merchant, the Buccaneer and the Pirate – each providing their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge 3D game world. Steer clear of cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes.
- Select from 50 buildings, including 25 production sites, to produce goods like rum or luxuries. Construct town buildings with neighborhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the overall happiness of your citizens.
- 18 historically authentic ship types from the late 16th and 17th centuries.
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains.
- Licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships can be unlocked by growing your reputation within your nation.
Port Royale 4 (Switch) comes out on September 25th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Kalypso Media PR
Streets of Rage 4
With less than 24h left until release, Lizarcube have shared some details about the various game modes and accessibility options for Streets of Rage 4:
- 5 difficulty levels (“easy to pick up, hard to master”).
- Story Mode has 12 stages.
- Also: Arcade Mode, Boss Rush, Battle Mode, Extra.
- Playing solo is really great fun as well as multi-player modes!
Single Player or Multiplayer
- Playing Solo or 2P online or 4P local is a different experience, all fun in different ways.
- Friendly fire is optional.
- Some settings are adjusted based on active player count. 4P=less damage done, if a player dies this is readjusted etc.
- If you don’t care about Score/Rank, on retry the game offers various assist options: you can choose to play with more lives or specials in exchange for reduced score.
- This is so anyone can enjoy the game, but also the presence of assists options means you can safely attempt to play the game in a higher difficulty mode than you’d normally choose. The challenge is really fun and you’ll find yourself learning new tricks over time!
- Game include Fighting Tips but is designed so that you’ll find new tricks & combos on your own while playing.
- For hardcore players: Arcade Mode is the ultimate old-school experience: you only get ONE CREDIT to finish the whole story in one go, and you can’t save.
- Had enough of apple and chicken, or can’t eat them? Our streets chefs will regale your palate with variety of food options, incl. Japanese, American, French, Canadian or Vegetarian. (Available in Options)
Here’s some screenshots:
Streets of Rage 4 (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 30th worldwide.
Source: Lizardcube (Twitter)
Adam’s Venture: Origins
Here’s the latest trailer for Adam’s Venture: Origins:
Adam’s Venture: Origins (Switch) comes out on the Nintendo eShop on May 29th in Europe and North America, and at retail later this year in Europe and North America.