Today’s Pokémon news: trailer for the latest Pokémon movie, but also…
- Pokémon Day
- Pokémon Shuffle
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – Battle Competition
- Pikachu Talk
- Pokémon Ga-Olé
- Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Today, The Pokémon revealed the first proper trailer for the next Pokémon movie, called “Pokémon: Everyone’s Story” (“Minna no Monogatari” in Japanese).
Here it is (along with the official illustration):
Here’s the synopsis, courtesy of Serebii:
Once a year, a “wind festival” is held in Fura City, the city where people live together with the wind. While the ancient belief that the legendary Pokémon Lugia will appear and bring about the blessed wind on the final day of the festival still exists, the people that gather in the city participate in the festival while wrapped in their own thoughts……
Lisa, the highschooler and Pokémon rookie.
Kagachi, the braggart that just can’t stop telling tall tales.
Trito, the timid researcher that lacks confidence.
Hisui, the old eccentric that hates Pokémon.
Largo, the mysterious little girl that hangs around in the forest all by herself.
These are the people that Ash and Pikachu meet. That meeting makes everyone’s story start moving forward.
And here’s the staff list:
- Original work: Satoshi Tajiri
- Director: Tetsuo Yajima
- Animation Supervisor: Kunihiko Yuyama
- Executive Producers: Junya Okamoto, Katagami Hidenaga
- Producers: Satoshi Shimohira, Susumu Matsuyama, Atsushi Chiku, Toshi Ooinata
- Screenplay: Eiji Umehara, Aya Takaha
- Animation Producer: Kato Hiroyuki, George Wada
- Character Design: Shizue Kaneko
- General Animation Directors: Nishiya Yasushi, Hirotaka Marufuji
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
- Music: Shinji Miyazaki
- Animation Production: OLM / Wit Studio
- Production: Pikachu Project
- Distribution: Toho
And the cast:
- Satoshi / Ash: Rika Matsumoto
- Pikachu: Ikue Ootani
- Musashi / Jessey: Megami Hayashibara
- Kojiro / James: Shinichiro Miki
- Nyarth / Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
- Narration: Unshou Ishizuka
Pokémon: Everyone’s Story, the latest Pokémon movie, will open on July 14th in Japan.
Here’s a promo video for Pokémon Day:
As part of the celebrations for Pokémon Day and the Pokémon 22nd Anniversary, you can get Bulbasaur-themed face camera features in Snapchat. Similar features for Charmander and Squirtle are also coming soon!
Also, a special Pokémon Day page was opened on the official Pokémon website: click here to check it out!
Today, some new and returning content for Pokémon Shuffle went live:
- a Great Challenge featuring Shiny Hawlucha is now available until March 6th;
- a Pokémon Safari featuring Sandygast, Staryu, Gabite, Gible, Garchomp, Furfrou, Starmie, Phione, Phione (Winking), Manaphy (Winking) is now available until March 6th;
- a One Chance Per Day stage featuring Frillish (Female) is now available until March 6th;
- the Ultra Challenge featuring Nihilego is back until March 6th;
- the Great Challenge featuring Feraligar is also back until March 6th;
- the Great Challenge featuring Lugia is also back until March 6th;
- the Great Challenge featuring Popplio is also back until March 6th;
- the Competitive Stage featuring Mega Garchomp is back until March 6th.
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – Battle Competition
Today, the third online competition for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon went live. It’s called 2018 International Challenge March, and here’s all you need to know about it:
- Pokémon allowed: Pokémon from the National Pokédex (excluding those bought via Poké Transporter). You cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number. List of eligible Pokémon can be found on this page;
- Pokémon banned: Mythical Pokémon and some Legendary Pokémon (Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, and Ash-Greninja)
- Battles: Double Battles, Team of 6 Pokémon and 4 sent to battle;
- Level: 50 (dropped to 50 if above);
- Items: all allowed. Two Pokémon cannot have the same Hold Item;
- Participation prize: 50 Battle Points (need to battle at least once), Championship Points for the top players in each division (contribute toward the chances of earning an invitation to the Pokémon World Championships)
- Registration: March 15th to March 22nd;
- Battles: March 23rd to March 25th;
- Results announced sometime in April.
Source: Pokémon Global Link
Released last year in Japan, the Pikachu Talk app for Amazon Alexa and Google Home devices is now available in English in several countries (United States, United Kingdom, etc.).
Here’s the latest episode of P-Sports:
Here’s a video for Pokémon Ga-Olé from CoroCoro magazine:
Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!
Here’s the preview for the next episode of Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?!, airing on Sunday in Japan: