Today’s Nintendo eShop news: SMITE now Free 2 Play on Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Vambrace: Cold Soul
- Black Future ’88
- Astro Bears
Heads up for players interested in SMITE, but not in the Founder’s Pack: the game is now fully Free 2 Play on Nintendo Switch! You can get it directly from the Nintendo eShop, or via the website eShop (check out this page for the links)!
Here’s the launch trailer for SMITE:
Vambrace: Cold Soul
Headup Games have announced that Vambrace: Cold Soul will be released this Summer (instead of this Spring, as announced initially). They also revealed a trailer for the game:
And here’s the list of key features:
– Embark on an epic fanasy-adventure spanning 7 intriguing chapters
– Complete sub-quests to unlock up to 26 new, thematic character skins
– Assemble your party from 5 races and 10 unique classes of recruits
– Craft items and armour from precious materials gathered on your trips that will unlock new skills and enhance stats
– Make crucial decisions – one wrong turn can seal your party’s fate
– Prepare well or condemn your comrades to permanent death
– Find codex pages to expand upon the world’s history and mythical lore
Vambrace: Cold Soul (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer worldwide.
Black Future ’88
Good Shepherd Entertainment have announced another game for the Nintendo Switch: Black Future ’88, a “Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter”. Here’s the debut trailer and some details:
Black Future ’88 is a Synth-Punk roguelike 2D action Shooter. Vertically climb an always evolving procedural tower to reach the top and kill its insane owner…before your heart explodes. Shoot, slash, dash and upgrade yourself to survive the endless waves of deadly traps, homicidal AI, crazed junkies and colossal Wardens standing in your way in a stylish alternative version of 1988.
The world is reeling from a nuclear cataclysm, created by Duncan, the tower architect. The First of his bombs fell in the summer of 1988, and by December they had blacked-out the sun with endless rain. We decided to stop keeping time after this, and it’s been 1988 ever since. Everything that lived through the initial attack will die in the extreme floods that followed. These are the times after, where there are no more months, or even weeks…everything is measured in minutes left to live.
Take on the mantle of one of the last remaining misfit survivors, and fight your way to the top of the tower to kill the architect and stop the endless nuclear rain. Ascend to die, and die to survive.
Black Future ’88 (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
SONKA has announced that a new version of Astro Bears Party, simply called Astro Bears, will be released this Spring in Europe and North America. It will cost $6.99, except for players who already own the original who will get this updated version for free.
Astro Bears includes the following new content:
- 4 new Astro Bears (including Private Wotjek, the “famous World War II bear” who “helped soldiers carry ammunation in the Italian campaign”)
- Party Mode now features a new Huge Planet, as well as finite ribbon and randomised mode settings
- Jetfish Hunting can now be played with 2 players, and now offers online leaderboards
- new gameplay color themes, music, and gameplay experiences
- optional tutorial prompts
There’s also Competitive Mode: a new 1 vs 1 tournament play option:
In this Best of 5 competition, players select 3 different Astro Bears and selects one that best fits the randomized environment. Play continues in rounds to 10 points, at which point the next random environment appears. The winner is the player who wins with all three Astro Bears.
Astro Bears (Switch) comes out this Spring in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: SONKA PR