On this page, you will find all there is to know about the various Software updates for Super Animal Royale on Nintendo Switch (originally released on August 26th 2021 in Europe and North America)!
Click here for more Software updates!
Super Animal Royale – Ver. 1.3
- Release date: January 25th 2022 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
New Weapon: BCG (Big Clucking Gun)
Super Eagle eyed players will have noticed that Thomas Sledison has been hard at work on an explosive new weapon, but the final form that has hatched in his workshop might not be what you eggspected…
The Big Clucking Gun (BCG) is a grenade launcher style weapon that shoots eggs that bounce off walls and explode on impact with enemies.
- Egg explosions deal serious area of effect (AOE) damage and leave a sticky pile of egg yolk that slows anyone standing in it.
- The gun uses a charge-up mechanic so you can control the distance your eggs will fly. The longer you hold down the fire button the further it’ll go!
- The BCG is only available in epic (purple) and legendary (gold) rarities, and as such you’ll need to open rebel caches or mole crates to get your paws on one during a match. But you can always take it for a spin in the Super Shooting Gallery north of the Welcome Center while you’re waiting for your match to start.
- It also comes with a full set of colored gun skins that you can earn by getting kills while using it to complete its milestones.
- There will also be two premium skins making an appearance in the S.A.W. Shop: the Retro BCG and the Tiger BCG.
Note: the BCG is disabled in the “One Hit Kill” Mystery Mode.
Year of the Super Tiger Event
Play the 2022 Lunar New Year event from Jan 25 to Feb 15 and collect red envelopes to redeem for exclusive event cosmetic items! There’s 8 new items debuting this year:
- Lunar Dress (2022)
- Coin Glasses
- Gold Yuanbao
- Lunar Headband
- Peach Blossom Hat
- Lunar Flower
- Lunar Paper Umbrella
- Peach Blossom Branch
There’s also 16 returning legacy items from previous years, and you’ll be able to redeem red envelopes to collect each of these too until you own them all! Be sure to also check out Carl’s Cart during the event for some additional legacy items.
Year of the Super Tiger Breeds
To celebrate their lunar year, 4 new Super Tiger breeds are also arriving as permanent additions to the Research Lab:
- Super Golden Tiger
- Super Toy Tiger
- Super Bengal Tiger
- Super Lunar Tiger
S.A.W. Bamboo Resort has been updated for the Year of the Super Tiger!
- The beavers have moved 2021’s Super Ox statue out of Bamboo Resort and into storage at Beaver Construction HQ, and replaced it with a new Super Tiger statue!
- You’ll also find a new portrait of the tiger on the wall in the resort next to all the previous years’ animals.
- The entrance gates are also now adorned with a new Spring Festival Couplet for the new year, provided again by the Chinese SAR community!
Beaver Construction HQ Updates
- Increased size of the Forebeaver’s Den building in the north, added additional detail to the interior, and added some breakable mini beaver dams around it for cover.
- Adjusted the dam’s wooden rails to be a bit shorter so they don’t poke out onto the boardwalks quite so much.
- Added shadowing to the concrete floor in the workshop to better distinguish interior and exterior ground.
- Added edge lip to outdoor concrete.
- Added a curved concrete end-piece on the front-left of the dam, and extended the boardwalk on the front-right side of the dam.
More Island Improvements
- Added snow grass throughout most of Thomas’s Tundra for more looting opportunities (and because it just looks really pretty).
- Improved grass in several areas around the map that were sparse, and updated some of the deciduous tree biomes with improved tree placement (both to provide a better mix of cover and open areas for fighting and to look more natural)
- Made some collision/walkability improvements to the Super Animal Super Stage.
- Adjusted some shipping containers in the top right corner of the military camp near research labs based on community feedback.
S.A.W. Shop Additions
New Mini Animals
Adopt 4 new mini pets from the Pets tab of the S.A.W. Shop!
- Mini Sheep
- Mini Skunk
- Mini Deer
- Mini Raccoon
Emotes, Lunar New Year, BCGs and Duos Day
The Shop tab in the main menu now displays an exclamation mark whenever new items have rotated in, and you’ll want to make sure to keep an eye on it around the update for all the new items! Some new items you’ll see rotating into the S.A.W. Shop include:
- Rap emote
- Country emote
- Kumquat Tree (melee weapon)
- Dragon JAG-7
- Moneybag Gravestone
- Retro BCG
- Tiger BCG
Note: the Dragon JAG-7 also has custom muzzle confetti effects.
Cupid’s Bow will also be returning on February 12th for 96 hours (we’re giving it two 48hr slots back to back so you have a bit of extra time to grab it for Duos Day)!
S.A.W. Shop Bundle Improvements
In addition to purchasing a full bundle at the discounted price, if you only like one or two items in a bundle you now also have the option to purchase individual items from the bundle at regular price. Just click on the bundle and navigate to any item within it!
Because of this new feature, bundle items won’t be rotating through the shop in individual slots anymore, they’ll just be accessible from their bundle whenever it’s available. As always, if you own any individual items from a bundle, you’ll still be able to purchase the rest of the bundle together at a discount to complete your set.
We’re also debuting a new bundle!
The Ming Bundle includes:
- Ming Hat
- Ming Outfit
- Ming Dress
Hamster Ball Update
We’ve made a bunch of key refinements to gameplay in this patch, and the first one is one we think a lot of you will be happy to see: an update that makes hamster ball kills feel a whole lot better whether you’re the one getting the kill or on the receiving end.
- Hamster balls now take a bit longer to reach the point where they’ll get a 1-hit kill.
- Once you’ve been rolling at max speed for at least one second, speed lines will appear and a sound will play indicating that you’ve now entered full damage mode where a hit will score 101 damage and kill your opponent upon impact.
- Before the speed lines appear, hamster balls will only do up to 80 damage (still influenced by acceleration for precisely how much damage you do).
- From our play tests we think this mechanic helps a lot with clarity and makes rolling at full speed and getting kills feel extra satisfying. We’ve also added a rare easter egg animation where your animal can trip while in the ball (just for fun, this doesn’t impact gameplay in any way).
More Gameplay Updates
- Sparrows, Darts, and BCG egg ammo have been combined into a single new ‘Specialty Ammo’ that is used in all 3 weapons.
- The Bandolier boosts max carrying capacity for the new Specialty Ammo from 35 to 50 (previously Sparrows and Darts were boosted from 35 to 45)
- Sparrow Launcher clip size increased to 5.
- Dogna’s Dart Gun will now auto-fire darts if you hold down shoot.
- A visual dart now appears stuck into the animal when they’ve been hit and are being actively poisoned by Dogna’s Dart Gun.
- Grenades & BCG egg impacts now play the “hit” sound effect when you hit yourself with them.
- Grenades, Bananas, Skunks Bombs, and BCG eggs now make bounce sounds when bouncing off of walls.
- Bananas no longer deploy in deep water (ex. ocean), and all throwables will splash upon landing in the water. Grenades and eggs still do damage and Skunk Bombs deploy despite splashing into the water, but eggs do not create yolk traps in deep water.
- Traps (ie. bananas, Skunk Bombs, and BCG yolks) will now have their positions checked and corrected by the server upon landing. Server simulation should rarely differ from client, so this shouldn’t occur very often but helps make them more precise.
- Minigun (and the new BCG) aiming should now more closely and consistently match the cursor’s aim (added a new aiming bone on the character skeleton for guns held in the low position).
- Added a small release buffer at the start of a jump roll for charged weapons such as the Bow & Sparrow and BCG. This should improve the feeling of releasing the bow while rolling. There was already a small buffer at the end of jump rolls, which is staying the same, so this just adds something similar to the beginning of the roll.
- Shooting right after reloading or picking up an item will now force the player model into the aim animation, which fixes a long-standing issue where bullets would spawn at undesired angles while the animal was completing an animation.
- Added custom muzzle flower effect to the Sakura Sniper from the Early Access (Season 0) Animal Pass.
- Weighted the random positions of skunk gas circles to get them to appear closer to the edges of the map more frequently. The previous randomness favored the middle of the island slightly, whereas the new randomness is more evenly distributed around the whole island.
- Added fading to one of the Beaver Construction HQ wall pieces that was able to obscure players too much.
- In the Bwoking Dead mode, when Zombie Joes break crates or cut grass, loot will not drop (so zombies can now deny ammo to survivors by breaking these things).
- Changed texture atlas for Bwoking Dead’s opening noise effect to be individual sprites that are loaded from the hard drive only when someone plays Bwoking Dead (cuts down load size by 8MB).
- Added controller hotkey icons to the game interface for taping, healing, and weapon-swap.
- ‘Switch Weapon’ bindings for controller will now conflict with inventory bindings to prevent double-binding issues.
- Controller users now have separate bindings for ‘Quick Chat (Inventory)’ and ‘Quick Chat (Map)’, to prevent conflicts.
- Improved controller selection in most of the shop tabs, where it will now re-select the last item properly after cancelling a purchase or equipping something.
- Added a “Manage Party” UI for party hosts that groups all party-related options together including viewing/copying the invite code for cross-play parties, kicking players, and leaving the party.
- Kicking a player from a party will now trigger a popup message and sound.
- The PC version of SAR now displays a ‘COPIED TO CLIPBOARD!’ popup when you click the copy button to indicate that it successfully copied to your clipboard.
- The mode selector will now display an exclamation mark if a new limited-time game mode becomes available to play.
- Increased clarity around Super Edition requirements in the Milestones tab, with a helper label that better explains which milestones require the Super Edition DLC. Additionally, the in-game notification for completing a milestone will now more clearly indicate whether it’s a Super Edition Milestone.
- When you first open the holiday event UI, the event’s leaderboard button now has a subtle slide animation to help draw attention to it.
- Updated all buttons throughout the menus that were still using the old blue button style to instead use the new teal style.
- Added a subtle fade/slide animation when viewing the S.A.W. Shop bundle details screen.
- A.W. Shop bundle preview images are no longer pre-loaded at game launch, instead being loaded from the hard drive when you view the shop (reduces initial game load time).
- Translation updates for several languages.
- For Simplified Chinese users, the Discord button in the main menu will now link to the SAR QQ group instead.
- Fixed a bug where one account could join the same cross-play lobby from two devices/platforms.
- Event screen’s character should no longer glitch out on the first frame.
- Fixed the animal pass preview box’s second pass from showing template blue hat while loading.
- Coupon code placeholder text should no longer be cut off in certain languages.
- Fixed a bug where the main menu’s side menu would fail to make elections if a controller was activated while it was open.
- Fixed a controller navigation bug with the ‘Done’ button and the arrow buttons on the Stats screen.
- Fixed controller selection going blank after leaving a party.
- Fixed a bug where controller selection wouldn’t properly revert to the purchase button after cancelling a bundle purchase.
- Alt-tabbing in the main menu will now cancel your emote if you were emoting (fixes an audio issue).
- Fixed an audio glitch caused by changing volume while emoting on the main menu.
- Hotkey icons for the inventory UI will no longer display while spectating another player.
- Fixed a case where players could get stuck in the grenade throw animation: it will now auto-cancel after 2s if the grenade has not already been thrown.
- Map can no longer be opened while the Settings screen is open.
- Fixed minigun retaining charge when opening the Settings screen while shooting.
- Fixed melee hit sounds on shooting gallery targets being played for all nearby players in the lobby.
- End-game rewards now force close player inventory if it was open. This fixes a bug for controller users where navigation got stuck and inventory was still displaying in a broken state.
- Fixed visual bug with bots reloading and appearing to have negative ammo.
- Bwoking Dead clientside Skunk Bomb capacity issue should be fixed.
- Dropping the Cupgrade while drinking with it equipped will now stop your healing (fixes audio bug).
- Twitch Drops: watch SAR streams with Drops enabled to unlock the new Guan Yu items! Get the Guan Yu Helmet, Guan Yu Armor and Guan Yu Guandao while supporting your favourite SAR Content Creators on Twitch. You can link your Super Animal Account and Twitch Account to earn Drops at drops.animalroyale.com
- Duos Day is coming and the Duos Day Rose melee weapon will return! Play a duos match between Feb 12th at 12am PST and Feb 16th at 12am PST to earn it.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Modus Games
Super Animal Royale – Ver. ???
- Release date: December 14th 2021 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
- Season 2 Busy Busy Pass + New Starter Pack DLC
- CRISPRmas Event: December 14th to January 4th
- New Map Location: Beaver Construction HQ
- New Super Animals: Super Beavers, Super Reindeer and a new Super Arctic Fox
- Cross-play parties: invite your friends to squad up with any mixture of Steam, Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch!
- SAR is now available to stream on Google Stadia in addition to GeForce Now, so you can play on your smartphone, in your browser, and more, with cross-play matchmaking and cross-save account syncing.
- The Bwoking Dead limited-time mode returns during the CRISPRmas event!
Season 2 is here, and the formerly-pacifist beavers who work tirelessly behind the scenes to keep Super Animal Royale humming have finally joined the fight! To see why the beavers finally joined the fray, check out the latest episode of Super Animal Royale Tonight above.
Grab the new Busy Busy Pass for 49 tiers of unlockable items:
- Construction-themed items inspired by Beaver Construction.
- Steampunk items inspired by prolific S.A.W. inventor, and noted “busy busy” guy, Thomas Sledison.
- Items to turn you into a busy bee.
- And lots more, including S.A.W. Tickets and Super Serum.
Season 2 will last roughly three months and during that time you can unlock the pass for the discounted price of 550 S.A.W. Tickets. After that, it’ll move into the Archive for 750 tickets. As always, once you own it, you can take as long as you need to complete it, and when you own any Animal Pass from the archive you can make progress on up to two at once (including the current season’s pass) for double the earning. No more FOMO or rushing to complete passes!
Season 1 has now moved into the Archive, but if you already own it you can activate it on your second track to keep working on it, or purchase it if you missed it! We also made some improvements to controller navigation of the Animal Pass screen, and made button selection styles clearer.
Season 2 Starter Pack DLC
A new season also means a new Starter Pack DLC! Grab it while it’s available for the next ~3 months for a great deal on S.A.W. Tickets and exclusive cosmetic items and animal breed:
- Super Moon Bear
- Warrior Monk Outfit
- Warrior Monk Sword
- 600 S.A.W. Tickets (500 + 100 bonus tickets)
Season 1’s Starter Pack DLC will go away on December 20th, so it’s your last chance to grab it now if you don’t have it yet!
December 14th to January 4th at 11:59pm PST
It’s CRISPRmas, Super Animals! The time of year when all Super Animals come together to celebrate the miracle of ethically dubious gene editing! And what better way to celebrate the cavalier rewriting of life’s sacred code than collecting the candy canes scattered around the island and redeeming them for 8 new limited-time CRISPRmas cosmetic items:
- Snow Shovel
- Red Pom Beanie
- Ice Sunglasses
- Gingerbread Gravestone
- Snowflake Silenced Pistol
- Festive Lights Umbrella
- CRISPRmas Tree Dress
- Winter Fur Hat
17 legacy CRISPRmas items also make their return and can be redeemed with candy canes. Make sure to also check out the S.A.W. Shop and Carl’s Cart during the event for additional holiday items.
Two new festive Super Animal breeds are also available in the Research Lab:
- Super Arctic Fox
- Super Reindeer
Note: The older versions of these breeds are still available and have been renamed Super White Fox and Super Rudolph. As always, the new breeds are permanent additions to the Research Lab, so you don’t need to rush to earn them during the event!
We’ve also added a leaderboard for the top 10 players collecting candy canes, for bragging rights. The leaderboard is hidden by default, but you can see who’s the candy caniest by pressing the white leaderboard button in the top right of the event window. Note that the amount displayed includes the total candy canes earned at the end of each match (not just from collecting them off the ground).
The Bwoking Dead infection mode returns!
The Cluckles outbreak continues: play The Bwoking Dead for the entire 3 week duration of the CRISPRmas event! Round up a squad of friends and try to survive the zombie chicken apocalypse and escape the island on a Giant Eagle. You can check out a full rundown on the mode in our previous patch notes here.
Beaver Construction HQ
Home to the island’s renowned (and only) general contracting company, Beaver Construction HQ is a hive of busy busy activity between the royales, and makes a dam good spot for gunfights during them. The sprawling complex is built along the river, like a traditional beaver lodge, with three crossable dams connecting the two main buildings, and a water-entry den that serves as the foreman’s (er…forebeaver’s) office.
Other details worth seeking out include the “Three Busy Beavers” lobby statue depicting the legendary founders of Beaver Construction, the lumber mill that feeds all the company’s projects…and some of their employees, the Emu cart loading dock, the vending machines selling choice cuts of fresh wood, a scale model of the Super Animal Super Stage, and a few stashed Lunar New Year statues taking their twelve-year timeouts.
The beleaguered Beaver Construction workers who once labored tirelessly to build Super Animal World, and now labor thanklessly to clean it up after every messy battle, are ready to make their own messes. As seen on the latest episode of SAR Tonight, the Super Beavers are finally stepping out from their backstage roles and joining the fray!
To start, there’s three breeds that can be created in the Research Lab starting at Level 40:
- Super Beaver
- Super Pink Beaver
- Super Beever
Squad up With Friends on Any Platform
You can now invite your friends to squad up with you regardless of which platform they’re playing on! Cross-play party invites generate a 4 digit code that your friends can enter to join your party (and there’s also a handy button to copy it to your clipboard to help with sharing it with them).
So whether you and your friends are playing on Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, or GeForce Now, you’ll be able to squad up with any combination of platforms. The PlayStation version of SAR also no longer requires PlayStation Plus to play!
We’ve also added the ability for hosts to be able to kick players from the group if necessary, and this applies to both cross-play and same-platform parties.
Gameplay / Quality of Life Updates
- Ammo loot no longer glows like other loot to reduce visual clutter.
- Improved collisions in the bamboo forest so they’re smoother and have fewer jagged edges to get caught on.
- Increased Bandolier carrying capacity: light bullets from 140 to 150, shotgun shells from 35 to 40, big bullets from 100 to 110, sniper ammo from 35 to 40, dart ammo from 40 to 45, and sparrows from 40 to 45.
- Dual Pistols initial fixed recoil has been increased from 1/2/3° to 1.5/2.5/4.0°, and random recoil increased from 4° to 4.4°. Dual Pistols perform very well, so this aims to balance them a bit by creating slightly more effort to control them.
- Increased Hamsterball audible distance from 160 game units to 185 so you can hear them coming from even further away and get out of the way.
- Skunk Bombs now have 40% reduced spawn rate in the Bwoking Dead mode. The maximum carrying capacity for Skunk Bombs in this mode has also been reduced to 3 (or max 4 with Bandolier).
- Mole crate icon now displays for 45s, and the minimap icon no longer disappears when someone opens it. We increased its visible duration to 60s last patch and this ended up feeling a bit too long, and the addition of displaying its looted state on the minimap provided enemies too much information of what was happening in the fog of war so we’ve reverted this change.
S.A.W. Shop Sales
We previously added bundle sales to the S.A.W. Shop, and we’re continuing to add more of them (watch the S.A.W. Shop the week of December 28th for a new one), but now we’ll also be having sales on individual items! To start, we’re planning on discounting items that you’ll be familiar with and have already rotated through the shop a few times. If you boot up the game when the update arrives you’ll already see some individual item sales and they’ll continue to rotate in and out over the next few weeks!
Be sure to keep an eye on the S.A.W. Shop during the CRISPRmas event too, as we’ll be rotating in new featured items for the holidays each week.
Other Updates & Bug Fixes
- Performance optimizations: Spine animations and game loot are now more efficient.
- Reduced total number of environment texture atlases to help load times and reduce VRAM usage slightly.
- SMOMA art pieces are now loaded individually from the hard-drive at the time of viewing, rather than all at game load, further reducing load time.
- Controller Right-Trigger can now open the event shop when pressing it while on the last tab (DLC) of the Shop screen.
- News box won’t auto-rotate while your mouse is hovering over it or while your controller is selecting it.
- Bwoking Dead mode now warns the player if they’re leaving the match early and will miss out on the end-game rewards.
- Improved spawn algorithm for zombies early on in Bwoking Dead matches, which should help eliminate the issue of respawning deep in the gas during the first circle.
- Fixed a bug where the emote wheel could get stuck on-screen when boarding the escape eagle in Bwoking Dead.
- Fixed a bug where throwing a grenade while dying would leave you unable to melee as a zombie in the Bwoking Dead.
- Fixed a bug where loot would sometimes go behind a wall in Pixile Port.
- Fixed a bug where the Bow & Sparrow’s pull-back sound was not matching the animation of 0.5s.
- Fixed health bars not displaying while spectating the player who killed you.
- Fixed a bug where binding a key would only check one conflict (for instance, binding Map to (A) was resetting the Reload binding, but not Mark Map, and now it does both correctly).
- Animal Pass preview in the top-left of the main menu no longer shows an incorrect initial state (with the blue baseball cap) before finishing loading.
- Fixed a bug where logging out or unlinking an account wouldn’t refresh the animal pass archive pass screen once logged back in.
- Fixed controller navigation getting stuck when trying to buy an Archive Animal Pass without enough tickets.
- Fix for in-game settings screen’s report button not being navigable by controller.
- Fixed bug where binding (B) control with a controller (while in-game) would close the controls menu.
- Fixed Coconut Costume being above armor visually.
- Fixed incorrect icons for Farmer Outfit and RedShift Outfit.
- Improved compression artifacts on Vampire Hunter items from Twitch Drops.
- Halloween Tee has been renamed to Howloween Tee.
- Added translations for errors with coupon code redemption.
- Added several translation fixes.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Modus Games
Super Animal Royale – Ver. 1.1
- Release date: October 19th 2021 (North America, Europe)
- Patch notes:
Howloween Event: October 19 to November 9
- New Limited-time Mode: The Bwoking Dead (Infection)
- Howloween Cosmetics: collect candy corn to unlock 8 new event items and 19 returning legacy items
- Howloween Decorations: the island is dressed up for Howloween including limited-time Howloween fountain music
More Game Updates
- New Map Point of Interest: Pixile Port
- New Super Animal Breeds: Super Night Mare and Super Calavera Skullcat
- Quality of life updates and game balancing
The Bwoking Dead (Infection) Mode
Something has gone terribly wrong in Dr. Dogna’s Lab Lab, and animals infected with The Cluckles are turning into zombie-like Joe Clucks. Survivors must try to avoid getting infected and stay alive long enough to escape the island on a Giant Eagle. Zombies Joes continuously respawn and try to infect all survivors before they can escape.
- The mode supports 40 players, and 4 players are infected at the beginning of the match. Their goal is to infect all survivors before they can escape.
- Zombie Joes are faster than normal players and do 33 melee damage with 10% armor penetration, but cannot use items (except for collecting Candy Corn).
- Every melee attack from a Zombie Joe’s chicken scratchers has a 10% chance of infecting a survivor. A kill will guarantee that the survivor comes back as a Zombie Joe.
- If a survivor is infected, they’ll see a 10-20 second countdown to when they’re going to turn, and Zombie Joes will see them tinted green. Other survivors won’t know the player is infected, so they can use the element of surprise to try to infect them!
- The first 4 Zombie Joes are red and have 130 health rather than the regular 100 health.
Zombie Joes respawn in waves along the edges of the skunk gas, and do not take damage from the gas. They also automatically recover 5 health per second while out of combat.
- Up to 4 friends can squad up to queue into the mode together, and will see each other on the map while on the same side, and spawn together as Zombie Joes if they die at similar times.
- After the final skunk gas circle closes, an evacuation zone will appear and a countdown will begin. Survivors must make it into the evacuation zone before the countdown hits zero to escape and win.
- Zombie Joes have excellent hearing and will see gunfire indicators on the map, directing them towards survivors. They’ll also see radial indicators when gunfire is close. Note that quiet weapons including the Bow & Sparrow, Sparrow Launcher and Silenced Pistol avoid these revealing effects.
- Survivor footsteps are also visible to Zombie Joes through line of sight. However, survivors can hide their footsteps by creeping or wearing Ninja Booties.
- Weapons that have armor penetration can pierce through multiple Zombie Joes. The number of Zombie Joes they hit in a single shot is tied to their typical armor penetration amount: for example, a Magnum bullet will pierce through one zombie (to hit up to two total), and a Sniper bullet can hit up to 3 targets. Sparrow weapons and Dogna’s Dart Gun also have piercing through 1 zombie, similar to the magnum.
- There are three delivery moles every game, and each crate has more loot than in regular game modes.
- Hamster Balls and Giant Emus have reduced spawn rates.
- Explosive barrels do not damage teammates in this game mode.
- The number of human players infected at the start (vs bots) is dependent on the number of players in the match.
- Any disconnected players will become bots, and if they were survivors they’ll be infected with The Cluckles and become a Zombie Joe within 10-20s.
- New mode-specific stats tracked in the “YOUR STATS” screen.
- XP earned is calculated slightly differently for survivors and zombies to reflect the different goals of each team and difficulty of certain accomplishments. Zombies earn more XP per kill, but survivors earn more XP for a win.
- Kill/win related Milestones and Super Challenges don’t apply in this mode, and NPCs are not present.
- Private matches can use /infect # to infect a specific survivor (only works after lobby).
The mode also features custom music tracks, new animations for zombies, and noise/desaturation screen effects!
Super Howloween Event
Candy corn is back to collect and redeem for new & legacy event-specific cosmetics! Find candy corn around the map and also earn it based on your survival time until the event ends on November 9th at 11:59pm PDT.
Earn 8 new event cosmetic items:
- Pumpkin Glasses
- Pumpkin Shotgun
- Bones Gravestone
- Haunted Hat
- Spiderweb Sweater
- Candy Corn Dress
19 legacy cosmetics (from 2019 and 2020) also return for the event, and some additional legacy Howloween items will appear Carl’s Cart during the event.
Several new S.A.W Shop items will also be debuting during the event:
- Spooky Clown Bundle (3 cosmetics)
- Zombie Professional Attire
- Zombie School Uniform
- Spidery Witch Hat
- Grim Reaper Scythe
- Bones Umbrella
- Coffin Gravestone
Lastly, there’s a new Super Horse and Super Skullcat breed to create in the Research Lab:
- Super Night Mare
- Super Calavera Skullcat
Unlike the rest of the Howloween items, the animals are permanent additions to the game!
Map Updates: Pixile Port & More
The old S.A.W. Shipyards have been replaced by the new “Pixile Port” point of interest on the island. Explore and fight between large cranes, warehouses, offices, and shipping containers. There’s also a new lighthouse to visit to the south of the port.
In addition to Pixile Port, SMOMA has been updated to feature the artwork of the winners of the most recent art contest! You can view all the art on our website as well right here.
A few minor edits have also been made around the island to help improve collisions. Some openings in the garden to the left of the Super Animal Super Stage have been widened, some stumps/crates have been added along some swamp water edges, and crates have also been added alongside the shallow water near Giant Eagle Landing.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Mole icon now displays for up to 60 seconds, or until it has been looted.
- Improved the vibrance/contrast of the safe zone map circle to help make it easier to see.
- Animal Pass now displays the selected item’s name.
- In battle royale game modes, the final gas circle warning time increased to 12s (from 10s), and final circle close time from 8s to 12s. This gives a bit more time for fights to play out and have less gas deaths / heal-offs.
- Controller users can press the play/ready button more easily, using a controller button (Y for Xbox-type controllers) rather than having to manually navigate to it.
- Each gun now has an inset distance for where its bullets spawn, so shooting targets who are standing close to you is easier. Some guns have more than others based on muzzle distance (ie sniper bullet spawns 3 distance units in, but pistol only 1).
- Minor changes made to reduce the advantages of having a non-16:9 resolution screen: gravestones (and sleeping pets) are now only visible within the 16:9 vision area, and the sleeping pet has line of sight checks on it. Teammates and campfire state (active/used) will also only become visible once they’re within the 16:9 vision box. These changes only apply during a match (not in the pre-game lobby).
- High-ping mode now activates faster for ping spikes, triggering after 2 spikes rather than 3.
- Bow & Sparrow charge time lowered from 0.633s to 0.5s. As well, projectile speed has been increased from 175 to 178 for uncommon bows and from 180 to 182 for rare bows. These changes help make the bow easier to use and provide more reliable damage.
- Sparrow tracking time has also been increased: from 5.5s to 6s for uncommon bows, from 6s to 7s rare bows. Sparrow Launcher tracking has also been boosted from 7s to 10s for epic rarity and from 10s to 12s for legendary versions. This improves the utility of both weapons, but further differentiates the Sparrow Launcher with superior tracking.
- Dogna’s Dart Gun projectile speed has been increased from 136 to 140 for uncommon rarity, and 139 to 143 for rare, to help with hitting targets.
- AK’s recoil pattern has slightly changed so that there’s more variation between the 3rd and 4th shot (from +4 degrees down to -1 degrees now).
AK’s spawn weight was reduced in non-solo game modes from 33 to 27, and spawn weight in Rebel Caches from 10 to 8. This makes it a little more difficult to stack AKs in team games.
- S.A.W. Impossible Tape now only repairs a maximum of 1 tick of armor rather than 2.
- Claw boots now provide 2.5x loot from cutting grass (up from 2x), and creeping can be used to avoid cutting grass while wearing them.
- Fixed gravestones appearing a bit squished horizontally in game.
Added a check that should fix the bug where the game put the “new item” exclamation mark on all items when signing in and playing on a different device with an existing account.
- Fixed a bug where pets would appear incorrectly over top of objects sometimes.
- Fixed compression issues on certain items: Donk/Howl t-shirts, Gray Jeweled Glasses, Military Helmet, SAW Helmet, Medic Helmet, Police Hat, Skunk Hat, and the Variety Tophat.
- Players can no longer be pushed by other players or emus while capturing a flag in S.A.W. vs Rebellion.
- Fixed a controller bug where pressing buttons (aside from joysticks) wouldn’t activate controller mode.
- Reduced stuttering for bots that occurred when they changed targets or paths.
- Fixed a bug where the beach balls were sometimes not kickable.
- Fixed a bug where a player at 0 health could survive if healing from campfire or health juice occurred on the same tick.
- Translation fixes.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Modus Games
How to download updates for Super Animal Royale for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Super Animal Royale, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.