Unlike other online services from Nintendo, Miiverse is rarely undergoing maintenance, which is why today’s announcement is a bit unusual. This morning, Nintendo announced that Miiverse would be down for a total of 8 hours next week. All versions of Miiverse will be impacted: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and Web (including in-game features). Unfortunately, no new features will be available once maintenance is complete.
Here’s when the maintenance will take place:
- Europe: May 18th (4AM to 12PM)
- UK: May 18th (3AM to 11AM)
- North America (EST): May 17th (10PM) to May 18th (6AM)
- North America (PST): May 17th (7PM) to May 18th (3AM)
- Japan: May 18th (11AM to 7PM)
There will be some more maintenance in June, but the date and time will be announced at a later date.
During the maintenance, Miiverse will not be available on any platform, and naturally, you will not be able to post any messages or screenshots there. Nintendo also gave details about some of the major games and services that would be impacted by this maintenance:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Receiving B.L.A.D.E. reports (you will get error code 115-5003, and you will have to reboot the game once maintenance is completed if you’re playing while it’s taking place)
- Sending B.L.A.D.E. reports (you will get error code 106-0511)
- Sending messages (when defeating Tyrants for example, but rewards are not impacted)
Super Mario Maker
- Uploading levels (either via the Save/Load/Upload icon, or the Coursebot. You will get error code 115-5003)
- Displaying and posting comments in Course World
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
- sharing pictures via Miiverse
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- sharing pictures with a friend and via Miiverse
- sharing levels created with the stage editor
- sharing of replay videos via YouTube
- creating new tournaments, posting messages in existing tournaments (you will still be able to take part in existing tournaments)
- displaying and posting comments in the Miiverse stage. The stage itself will remain playable.