Earlier today, the long-awaited Ver. 3.0.0 update for Fire Emblem Heroes was finally released. You can find the official patch notes on this page, and various details in this post and the one about the latest Feh Channel presentation, but the usual in-game notification has provided a few more details about what the update has to offer.
Fire Emblem Heroes Ver. 3.0.0 – Book III
The main new addition of this update is obviously Book III of the main story. Their battle with Múspell finally over, the members of the Order of Heroes find themselves faced with an even more terrifying foe from Hel, the realm of the dead.
Here’s what the main characters from Book III look like:
If you clear Chapter 1, and more precisely the last map (Part 5), on Normal, then you can get Eir: Merciful Death as an ally! It’s a brand new type of Hero called Mythic Hero (more details about those below). Don’t worry if you’re yet to play/finish either Book I or Book II: Book III is available right out of the gate.
To celebrate the launch of Book III, a Hero Fest including the following Heroes starts later today:
Check out the Events and Content Updates or the Characters page later today for more details! Important note: Eir (Merciful Death will not be available in regular Summoning Focus moving forward. She will only be available from special ones, such as the Legendary Hero Summoning Event starting in late December.
Fire Emblem Heroes Ver. 3.0.0 – Mythic Heroes and Mythic Effects
Mythic Heroes are a brand new type of Heroes that come with Mythic Effects. Those Mythic Effects manifest in Aether Raids. More and more Mythic Heroes will be added in the future, with the next one coming in late January. After that, the special summoning focus at the end of each month will alternate between Legendary Hero Summoning Events and Mythic Hero Summoning Events!
Check out this post for all the details about Mythic Heroes, Mythic Effects, the new Elements, and the new Seasons!
Fire Emblem Heroes – First Summon Tickets
Thanks to First Summon Tickets, you can Summon your first Hero in a Summoning Focus without using any Orbs. However, it’s only the first Hero: you cannot use it on the subsequent Summons (you have to quit the current Summoning session to use another ticket). Also, keep in mind that you can only use First Summon Tickets on the Summoning Focus for which they are named (which means they expire once said Focus is over).
To get you started, all players will be able to get some First Summon Tickets to use in the Hero Fest starting later today. You can check how such tickets you have in your posession on the summoning event screen.
Fire Emblem Heroes – New Weapon Skills and Weapons to Refine
As usual, the Weapon Refinery Update will add some more character-specific weapon skills learnable at 5 ★:
- Gladiator’s Blade (learnable by Ogma: Loyal Blade)
- Scarlet Sword (learnable by Navarre: Scarlet Sword)
- Whitewing Blade (learnable by Palla: Eldest Whitewing)
- Whitewing Lance (learnable by Catria: Middle Whitewing)
- Whitewing Spear (learnable by Est: Junior Whitewing)
- Tactical Bolt (learnable by Robin: High Deliverer)
- Tactical Gale (learnable by Robin: Mystery Tactician)
Fire Emblem Heroes – Aether Raids
With this update, a new structure can be built in Aether Raids: Escape Ladder (O). It allows you to get a refund on the battle’s Aether cost if you happen to lose (or if you surrender). However, it can only be used up to 3 times per season, but also during the first battle of each day (when the Aether cost to start a battle is 0). The number of times you can use it is restored to maximum at the start of a new season. Finally, if you strengthen it during a season, then the number of times you can use it is increased by 1.
Fire Emblem Heroes – Heroic Grails
You can now summon two more Heroes using Heroic Grails:
- Dorcas: Pumpkin Smasher
- Aversa: Dark One
Fire Emblem Heroes – Other Changes
Finally, here’s various other changes included in this update:
- Main story quests can now be played on Hard or Lunatic difficulty without having to clear them on Normal difficulty first.
- When editing the structure layout in Aether Raids, you can now tap on a trap to see its range.
- The Aether Raids season icon is now visible in the title portion of the main, Edit Raiding Parties, and Edit Defensive Team screens.
- The View Bonus Allies screen in Aether Raids can now be accessed from the Edit Raiding Parties and Edit Defensive Team screens.
- The Legendary Effect season icon is now visible in the Arena mode selection screen and title screen, and the Arena Assault title screen.
- The next map’s enemy characters are now shown on the Edit Team screen from the second battle onward when playing Squad Assault, Arena Assault, and Blessed Gardens maps.
- Fixed an issue affecting phones running Android 9 with cutouts enabled that caused the upper portion of the screen to be darker than necessary.
One last thing: as announced during the Feh Channel presentation, beast-type Heroes (who can transform in battle) will arrive from January onwards. The first one will be from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn!
Source: Intelligent Systems