Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Lysium: Stardiver
- 80’s Overdrive
- Sword of the Necromancer
Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition
Digerati have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition, a gothic horror RPG developed by Failbetter Games and ported by Nephilim Game Studios. It will be released on April 23rd in Europe and North America, and includes the base game and the expansion.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
LOSE YOUR MIND. EAT YOUR CREW. DIE. Take the helm of your steamship in a Victorian Gothic roleplaying game of discovery, loneliness and frequent death.
- Find your father’s bones. Determine London’s destiny. Defy the gods of the deep sea
- Build up your story across generations of zailors who braved the sea and lost
- Real-time combat against ships and Zee-beasts, spider-crewed dreadnoughts and sentient icebergs
- Stray too far from civilization and your crew will grow fearful and eventually lose their sanity
- Upgrade your steamship with powerful engines, cannons and pneumatic torpedo guns
- Hire unique officers, each with their own story
- Discover the treasures the zee has claimed
- Choose a ship’s mascot
- Trade or smuggle silk and souls
Sunless Sea: Zubmariner Edition (Switch – eShop) comes out on April 23rd in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Digerati PR
Cradle Games and tinyBuild have announced that Hellpoint has been delayed to Q2 2020 (it was originally slated for an April release). Matt Boudreau (Creative Director) has shared a few words about this delay:
“In light of the unprecedented events facing the world, we have been forced to postpone the launch of the game. We plan to use the additional development time not just for polishing, but also to address the feedback we’ve gathered and make Hellpoint an even better gaming experience for everybody! The feedback of the community had such enthusiasm and energy.”
And here’s the latest trailer for the game, along with some details and the list of key features:
Hellpoint is set in the aftermath of a massive quantum cataclysm called the Merge. You wake up on board the Irid Novo space station, a beacon of galactic cooperation and scientific exploration gone horribly wrong. What happens next will be solely determined by your choices.
- Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting: Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
- Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers.
- Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master, slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
- Jump-in co-op and PvP multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.
Hellpoint (Switch – eShop) comes out this Spring in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: tinyBuild PR
FDG Entertainment have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Lysium: Stardiver, a Metroid-like game developed by Mawilo Studios. No release date yet, but here’s a few pictures for it:
Lysium: Stardiver (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: FDG Entertainment (Twitter)
Good news for players looking forward to 80’s Overdrive on Nintendo Switch: the game is (almost) ready for release, and has already been sent to Nintendo for lotcheck!
80’s Overdrive (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: official Twitter account
Sword of the Necromancer
The Kickstarter campaign for Sword of the Necromancer was launched yesterday, and the base goal ($16 300) has already been reached. Two stretchgoals have been revealed:
- 20 000€: Additional Pixel Artist (Another pixel artist will join us to help us make even more enemies and bosses!)
- 25 000€: Special Theme Song (Song composed by Dale North (Wizard of Legend) and sun by Emi Evans (Nier Automata, Dark Souls)
Click here to check out the Kickstarter campaign for the game!
Sword of the Necromancer (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.