Today’s Daily news: Cardpocalypse announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
- REKT! High Octane Stunts
Versus Evil have announced another game for the Nintendo Switch: Cardpocalypse, releasing on December 12th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features:
Make friends, play cards, twist the rules, become a Mega Mutant Power Pets master, and try to save the world in this single-player RPG about being a 90’s kid. On her first day at Dudsdale Elementary, 10-year old Jess accidentally gets everybody’s favorite collectible card game banned, forcing the kids to take their card battles underground. Troubles arise when mutants from the game invade the real world, and it’s up to Jess and friends to stop them.
From the award-winning indie game studio, Gambrinous, creators of Guild of Dungeoneering, comes an RPG where battles are played with an epic collectible card game. Cardpocalypse takes you back to the 1990’s, a time when computers used floppy disks, and people read magazines for video game cheat codes. You will explore Dudsdale Elementary on a mission to build killer card decks in an effort to defeat the mutants. You will have to trade, earn, wager, change rules and permanently alter cards on your way to victory.
- BE A CHAMPION: Build your decks around the ultra rare Champion cards you earn. Each Champion comes with unique abilities to tailor your deck around. First player to get their opponent’s Champion card’s health to zero wins the match.
- GO MEGA: Champion cards evolve to their MEGA forms when their health halves, doing more attack damage and gaining new powers.
- CHANGE THE GAME: The kids sometimes use house rules and who knows what the Mutants will change. Throughout the game you will choose the new rules and conditions as well as renaming your favorite cards and giving them upgrades using stickers. Create entirely new cards using the Mega Mutant Power Magazine. But be careful, these decisions are permanent.
- GET SCRAPPY: Adventure throughout the school to unravel the strange occurrences at Dudsdale Elementary. Take on quests to earn cards, stickers, and candy which you can collect and trade with your classmates. Careful, there’s no backsies!
- YOU CAN’T COLLECT ‘EM ALL: In the end, your decks and rules will be unique to you. Stickers are rare, choices matter, and sometimes you’ll have to make a tough decision to get the best cards.
- THE 1990’s: Through its totally rad, choice-driven, interactive narrative, Cardpocalypse delivers the experience of being a 90’s kid. Boo-ya!
Cardpocalypse (Switch – eShop) comes out on December 12th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
This week, Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers will be featured in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine. Here’s the usual preview pictures:
The latest issue of Famitsu magazine comes out on Thursday in Japan (effectively Wednesday morning/afternoon in North America and Europe respectively).
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers (Switch) comes out on February 20th in Japan.
REKT! High Octane Stunts
QubicGames have announced another game for the Nintendo Switch: REKT! High Octane Stunts, releasing on November 8th in North America.
Here’s some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Ever wanted to kickflip a car? Get behind the wheel in this high octane stunt driving game and get REKT! With REKT doing tricks is incredibly smooth and easy, and with realistic physics it’s easy to learn and hard to master. Get your landing right and power slide into the next trick for an incredible trick combo chain at a smooth 60 frames per second. Get a couch, up to four friends and engage in crazy multiplayer battles to take the crown as the ultimate REKT driver!
- Stunts, lots of ’em!
- Three main arenas to do stunts in
- Unlock over fifty customizable cars
- An almost endless amount of challenges
- Compete with other players in the global leaderboards
- Many zany pop culture references!
- Local Multiplayer: Gather a couple of friends and play with up to four players! Play capture the crown and see who keeps the crown the longest! Infect other players in Virus or be the fastest to capture all the checkpoints in Baja or just take three friends and simultaneously fight for the highest score!
- Four extra unique multiplayer arena’s
- Local multiplayer with up to four players
- Even more pop culture references!
REKT! High Octane Stunts (Switch – eShop) comes out on November 8th in North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!