Update: the updates for Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Welcome amiibo) are now available for download in North America!
Earlier this month, Nintendo released the long-awaited update for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which adds quite a lot of content along with amiibo support. Unfortunately, it looks like it also added a couple of bugs. One of them impacts users who somehow managed to get items they’re not supposed to get during a normal playthrough, and it will not be fixed.
There’s also a glitch that nets you a [004 – 6006] error when trying to download presents or campers from the internet. The good news is that this glitch has already been taken care of: the latest Software update for the game fixes it.
Here’s the patchnotes for update Ver. 1.5 for Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo:
- fixes error resulting in a [004 – 6006] error code when downloading presents or campers
- introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
To download this update, you have several options:
- select Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Welcome amiibo) from the Home Menu of your Nintendo 3DS while being connected to the internet: you should get a prompt when doing so. Simply follow the instructions on the screen;
- search for Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the Nintendo eShop, and select the update;
- use the option in the Nintendo eShop settings.
Important! There is an update for each game:
- if you already downloaded the previous update (Ver. 1.4), get the one for Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo. It requires 122 blocks / 15.25MB;
- if you haven’t downloaded the previous update, get the one for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It requires 1497 blocks / 187MB.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply launched the game: you should see Ver. 1.5 in the top right corner of the bottom screen.