Back on December 3rd, Nintendo released a major update for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes. It brought the game to Ver. 2.0.0, and added a brand new area: the Den of Trials (with over 30 stages). And today, another update for the game went live: it brings it to Ver. 2.1.0, with a brand new element meant to help players complete the game.
Here’s the list of changes for Ver. 2.1.0 of The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes:
- adds Hero Points, a new element meant to help players complete the game;
- fixes various issues, in order to improve the gameplay experience;
- introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment.
What are Hero Points, exactly? They are points you can get when you end up on a level you didn’t vote for in Online Play, or when you play in Local or Download Play. If you do, and complete the level together with the other players, you will be rewarded with those precious Hero Points. If you collect enough points, you can go talk to the street merchant and get some rewards(such as materials, special poweres, and more).
For example, if you get 30 hero points, the Bear Minimum Digs will get extraordinary powers. However, said powers will go away if you “wander astray” (in other words, if you don’t finish levels with other players anymore). Of course, you can restore those powers if you collect more Hero Points.
This update requires 1108 blocks (roughly 138.5MB) of free space on your SD Card. To download it, you have several options:
- launch The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes from the Home Menu, while being connected to the internet;
- search for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes on the Nintendo eShop;
- use the option on the Nintendo eShop settings page.
As usual, this update is required to play online. Also, all players need to have the same version when playing via Local Play.