Xenoblade Chronicles 2: latest set of DLC releasing this week (new Rare Blade: Crossette, final DLC quests, difficulty options, more)
Tomorrow (or later today for those of you on the west coast!), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will get a brand new Software update: Ver. 1.5.1. We don’t quite know what the update will add, change, or fix, but we already know that it will add the latest set of additional content for Expansion Pass owners. And this time around, there’s a new Rare Blade and a new set of DLC quests at the same time! Check out this post if you want to know how to access this additional content (including Crossette, the new Rare Blade)!
First, here’s the new and final set of DLC quests:
- Sunken Boosters: available from Chapter 3;
- The Trendy Patissier: available from Chapter 8. Requires the following Rare Blades: Boreas, Gorg. You need to clear Gorg’s Blade quest first: “Follow Your Passion”;
- Artisanal Accessories: available from Chapter 7;
- Hot Spring Bonanza: available from Chapter 10. Requires the following Rare Blades: Sheba, Kora, and Kasandra with One Lucky Gal Lvl. 3;
- Mystery Launch Codes: available from Chapter 10. Requires the following Rare Blades: Adenine with Extra Ancient Wisdom Lvl. 5, Kos-Mos.
The new Rare Blade is called Crossette (Hibana in Japanese). She was designed by Atto, and she is voiced by Natsumi Takamori. Her weapon is a Bitball, and her attribute is Fire. You will find some pictures below, but here’s her intro video:
But that’s not all: some new rewards are being added to Challenge Battle Mode, including new items that slightly alter a character’s outfit, but also items that allows you to raise Tora’s Idea stats.
The new rewards are:
- Cloud Sea King Rex
- Blood Witch Nia
- Skullface Punk Tora
- Scarlet Inquisitor Mòrag
- Shining Justice Zeke
- Blue Sky Pyra
- Carbon Mythra
- Obsidian Dromarch
- Jade Orchid Brighid
- Magical Pink Pandoria
- Cornflower Poppi α
- Antique Princess QT
- Nano Orange QT π
- Tora Idea Boost: Brav.
- Tora Idea Boost: Truth
- Tora Idea Boost: Comp.
- Tora Idea: Just.
Finally, some new features are being added as part of the Ver. 1.5.1 update, but only for Expansion Pass owners:
- new difficulty options: Bringer of Doom, Custom (available from System > Options Game Settings, after loading the game). The “Custom” option allows you to edit a maximum of 10 parameters related to battle: enemy attack power, max HP, Party Gauge Gains, and more. If all parameters are set to normal, then the difficulty level is equivalent to playing at the Normal difficulty level.
Here’s the various options available in Custom:
- Enemy Attack Power (adjusts attack power, with the power increasing to the right)
- Enemy Attack Frequency (adjusts attack frequency, with the frequency increasing to the right)
- Enemy Maximum HP (adjusts maximum HP, with the value increasing to the right)
- Enemy Debuff Duration (adjusts debuff effect duration, with the length increasing to the right)
- Player Blade Combo Buffer Time (adjusts Blade Combo buffer time, with the buffer increasing to the right)
- Party Gauge Gains (adjusts magnitude of Party Gauge gains, with the amount increasing to the right)
- Player Special Recharge Rate (adjusts Special gauge gains, with the amount increasing to the right)
- Player Health Restoration (adjusts party member’s healing power, with the effect increasing to the right)
- Chain Attack Damage Multiplier (adjusts damage multiplier gains, with the amount increasing to the right)
- Ascended State Party Gauge Use (adjusts Party Gauge depletion, with the rate of loss increasing to the right)
- new option to switch the BGM for Unique monsters to “You Will Know Our Names” if you have Shulk or Fiora in your party. It’s set to “Enabled” by default. Quite interestingly, the option itself doesn’t mention Shulk and Fiora, and simply “certain Blades”, which implies the remaining additional Blade will also come with special music.