Back in June, Lightwood Games announced they were working on another puzzle game for the Nintendo eShop of both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS, called Word Logic by POWGI. This one includes six different pen-and-paper style word puzzles, which require logic or deduction to be solved.
Here’s the six types of puzzles included in Word Logic by POWGI:
- Kriss Kross – The classic word-fit puzzle. Place words into the grid using their length as a
guide, and using logic to make sure everything overlaps correctly!
- Word Ladder – Make new words by changing one letter at a time. Can you turn one word into
another in a limited number of steps?
- Crypto – A cipher puzzle (also known as a cryptogram) which reveals a quote when you crack
- Word Sudoku – Place nine letters according to usual sudoku rules. As an extra clue, one row
or column will spell a word.
- Gaps – Several words have one letter missing. Deduce the correct letter to fill in the gaps and
spell a new word!
- Wordsweeper – Drawing inspiration from Minesweeper, the clues tell you which letters can be
placed in an adjacent square. It’s a crossword-style puzzle solved using logic!
Today, Lightwood Games uploaded a trailer for both versions of the game (you can find some screenshots in this post!):
Word Logic by POWGI will be released on August 18th in Europe and North America, and will cost $9.99/€7.99/£7.99. If you’re not convinced, a demo version should be available shortly after launch, allowing you to try out the game and its features (such as the touch-screen controls, handwriting recognition (only on Nintendo 3DS), and the leftie mode).
Our Upcoming Releases page has been updated!
Word Logic by POWGI (Wii U eshop / 3DS eShop) will be released on August 18th in Europe and North America.