Just like in other entries in the series, the world of Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse is teeming with demons. If you want to survive long enough to even dream of beating the game, you will need to think hard about your battle strategies. To get rid of the fiercest demons, chosing the right strategy will be crucial.
Yesterday, Atlus uploaded a new trailer for the game, detailing 5 strategies you could use to stay alive:
- Strike First: don’t wait for demons come to you, and make sure you strike first when you find one. In doing so, you will get the first strike during battle, which can make the difference between life and death in some cases. Don’t forget that demons can also get the first strike!
- Exploit Weaknesses. The game features 8 classes: Physical, Gun, Fire, Ice, Electric, Force, Light, and Dark. Naturally, all demons have their own elemental weaknesses, and you need to exploit them to get the upper hand;
- Use Buffs. Attacking is important, but you also need to use buffs adequately. Buffs allows you to boost damage/defense, lower enemy damage/defense, prevent negative status effects, heal teammates, and much more. You will not get very far if you don’t learn to use them!
- Utilize the Right Partners. During battles, you fight alongside demons. But in Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, you can also enlist the help of various partners. There’s Asahi (great for healing), Navarre, Nozomi (great for extra fire power), Hallelujah, Gaston (great for physical strength), Toki, and Isabeau. Naturally, each one has their own specificities, and you need to pick up the right one depending on where you’re going, and your playstyle. If you make the right choice, you can fill any offensive or defensive gaps in your team thanks to those partners;
- Don’t Panic. During battle, make sure to keep a cool head at all times, even when you’re in a pinch or if you get ambushed. Take a close look at the attack options at your disposal, and then plan your moves accordingly.
Here’s the latest trailer for Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, detailing Battle Strategy:
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse (3DS) comes out on September 20th in North America, and later this year in Europe.
Source: Atlus PR