Yesterday, the official Twitter account for the Seiken no Densetsu / Mana series shared a short video of two persons playing Seiken Densetsu 3 (the “sequel” to Secret of Mana), on the Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately, it wasn’t clear what this teaser was all about, other than Seiken Densetsu 3 was coming to the Nintendo Switch (with multiplayer, to boot).
The good thing is that we didn’t have to wait before getting an announcement: the teaser is for the Seiken Densetsu Collection, which will be released on June 1st in Japan. The collection will cost 4 800 Yen (+ taxes), and will include three games:
- Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (released as Final Fantasy Adventure outside Japan), from the GameBoy
- Seiken Densetsu 2 (released as Secret of Mana outside Japan), from the SNES
- Seiken Densetsu 3 (never released outside Japan)
Here’s a trailer introducing all three games in this Seiken Densetsu Collection:
This collection will have some exclusive features, not found in the original version, such as:
- Quick Save Mode: allows you to save at any time;
- Music Mode: allows you to listen to the music of all three games right from the main menu;
- Screen Change Mode: in Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden / Final Fantasy Adventure, you will be able to change the screen’s size when playing.
Finally, Square-Enix confirms that both Seiken Densetsu 2 / Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu will be playable in multiplayer, with 1 to 3 players.
Here’s some visuals:
And here’s some screenshots, courtesy of Nintendo:
Famitsu will have a 4-page article in this week’s issue, though it’s not clear whether they will have more details or not. Here’s the preview:
Here’s a few more screenshots, courtesy of Famitsu:
The Seiken Densetsu Collection (Switch) will be released on June 1st in Japan. Unfortunately, we don’t know if there will ever be a western release (unlikely, since Seiken Densetsu 3 has never been localised… though now would be a good time to do it!). The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!