Over the past few months, a fair number of Visual Novels have been released on Nintendo Switch, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop any time soon (certainly not with the Otomate announcements from earlier this month). And yesterday, another one was released in Japan, called Nurse Love Addiction in English.
In this game, you get to follow the story of one Asuka Osachi, a ditzy girl training to become a nurse at the Teito Nursing School. As you progress through the game, she will discover love, medicine, and adulthood.
Here’s what the story is all about:
Asuka Osachi, a ditzy and easy-going girl, graduates from high school and enrolls in Teito Nursing School along with her younger sister, Nao.With their two classmates Itsuki and Sakuya and their instructor Kaede, the girls will experience what it means to be an adult… and a nurse. They’ll laugh and cry together as they wade through this confusing time in their lives.
Decide how Asuka and her friends will spend their three years at Teito Nursing School!
The game does happen to have voice acting (only in Japanese). Here’s the list of voice actresses:
- Asuka Osachi (Voice: Azumi Asakusa)
- Nao Osachi (Voice: Ai Kakuma)
- Itsuki Amatou (Voice: Yumi Hara)
- Sakuya Takeda (Voice: Yukari Tamura)
- Kaede Ohara (Voice: Asami Imai)
And finally, here’s the list of key features:
- Branching story arcs and multiple endings depending on your choices.
- Bittersweet love between blossoming young ladies.
- Unique and rounded characters.
- Romantic illustrations featuring adolescent girls on their way to adulthood.
- Unexpected and surprising plot points that will keep you reading until the very end.
- The visual novel equivalent of ER: life, love and medicine.
In Japan, the game is available on the Nintendo eShop as of today. It costs 4 800 Yen, but is available with a 50% off discount until June 7th. No western release has been announced so far, but considering the game has already been translated in English (it’s available on Steam, if you’re interested), it’s pretty likely a European and North American release will follow in the (near) future.
Finally, here’s some screenshots for the game: