HD Rumble is one of the exclusive features of the Nintendo Switch that Nintendo has been talking about the most, that allows for extremely precise vibrations. And it’s not really something you will only find in Nintendo titles: it seems like indies are pretty enamored with the features, and many added them to their games.
During the Nintendo Switch Nindie Showcases yesterday, Nintendo highlighted three particular titles making use of that feature: Graceful Explosion Machine, Mr. Shifty, and Tumbleseed.
Graceful Explosion Machine
In this side-scrolling arcade shooter, you get to control the GEM (Graceful Explosion Machine), and you have to blast through swarms of crystalline enemies. To do so, you can use your totally-not-overpowered-I-swear quad-weapon array. Thanks to HD Rumble, players will be able to really feel those weapons at work.
Here’s the main features:
- A blisteringly intense side-scrolling arcade shooter experience
- The quad-weapon array gives the player four unique and devastatingly powerful weapons at all times
- 30+ levels across 4 unique worlds
- Great for pick up and play on the go; dazzling when docked for for big screen action.
- Feel GEM’s powerful weapons with HD Rumble.
- Fight for the top score on level-based leaderboards with friends and rivals from around the world with the Nintendo Switch Online Service.
Here’s the trailer and some screenshots:
Graceful Explosion Machine (Switch – eShop) comes out in April, in Europe and North America.
Thanks to tinyBuild and Team Shifty, Nintendo Switch players will be able to enjoy a “new kind of action game” with Mr. Shifty. In this game, you get to break into the world’s most secure facility, which is something you will only be able to do while shifting through bullets, and after mastering lightning-fast takedowns.
To complete your mission, you will Shift through walls and bullets, but also cover huge distances, and be everywhere at once… talk about multitasking! Thanks to the HD Rumble feature, you will be able to feel every punch, shot, and crash.
Here’s the main features:
- Shift through walls, through bullets, cover huge distances and be everywhere at once
- One shot kills. Survive on skills.
- Use distraction, trickery, explore what’s possible when stealth and action become one!
- Play Mr. Shifty on the Go
- HD Rumble creates immersive gameplay
- Console exclusivity on Nintendo Switch in April
Here’s a trailer and some screenshots:
Mr. Shifty (Switch – eShop) will be released this April in Europe and North America.
Tumbleseed is one of the indie games that were announced following the Nintendo Switch Presentation in January (click here for more details about it!). It was showcased during the Nintendo Switch Nindie Showcase yesterday, but nothing really new was shown.
The game is compatible with HD Rumble, which allows you to really feel where your little seed is rolling. It can also be played in co-op, with two players balancing Tumbleseed together thanks to the Joy-Cons.
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Tumbleseed (Switch – eShop) will be released in Spring in Europe and North America.