Earlier today, Nintendo announced that Miiverse would be discontinued on November 8th (click here for more details about that). For users who want to save their post history, Nintendo is offering the Post History Download service, which is now live. It allows you to download the full history of your posts on Miiverse, including screenshots.
Here’s how it works:
- visit this page via a web browser, and click on the “Request Post History” button at the very bottom
- after Miiverse has been discontinued, you will receive an email with a link: clicking on that link will allow you to download your Post History.
In order to submit your request, you need to make sure you have a Nintendo Account, and that your Nintendo Network ID is linked to that account. The reason for that is that the email mentioned above will be sent to the email address linked to your Nintendo Account. Make sure not to unlink the two accounts before you have your Post History!
Here’s everything included in your Post History:
- all your posts (including hand-draw images, and screenshots)
- all images in your Screenshot Album
Here’s what will not be included in your Post History:
- comments made on posts
- messages sent between you and your friends
- messages you deleted
- messages in violation of the Miiverse Code of Conduct.
Nintendo mentions that it may take a few weeks for you to receive the email with the download link for your Post History (available as .zip file). The company is seemingly planning to stagger those emails, to avoid the servers being overloaded by everyone downloading their Post History at the same time (we don’t know how big the archive will be).
Also, it looks like some posts or screenshots may not be included in your Post History, due to their “status at the time the Miiverse service ends”. Nintendo recommends you manually back-up any important posts or screenshots via your browser, to avoid any surprises. And of course, avoid getting banned or penalised on Miiverse, or your request may be declined.