Update: Deep Silver announced today that Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth would also get a “launch edition” in Europe, but that it would only include the art book. Also, minor detail (for English speakers, at least): the game will only have English text and audio, which is on par for Atlus games. And yes, that means no dual-audio in Europe and North America (again, nothing surprising or unexpected, especially for Etrian Odyssey).
A few weeks ago, Atlus announced that Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth was indeed coming to North America (and Europe!), this Fall. And today, the publisher confirmed that, just like pretty much all its other games gettign a physical release, it would get a launch edition with some goodies.
This Launch Edition is a pretty standard one, with an artbook, a mini soundtrack CD, and a nice collector’s box:
- 24-Page Art Book – Beautiful character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai cover the pages of this magnificent art book. The unique explorers that will fill up your party are a wonder to behold.
- 6-Track Music CD – A grand journey is utterly droll without music, so get into the adventuring mindset with an enchanting soundtrack crafted by long-time series composer Yuzo Koshiro!
- Outer Box – The Yggdrasil and eager adventurers adorn this colorful out box which protects the precious treasures it holds within.
Here’s a glamshot:
Back to the game itself: a new trailer is now available, and it introduces the Dragoon class. It’s one of the four classes for the Earthlain race. Those armour-clad warriors are all about soaking up damage, and dealing tons of damage with their hand cannon. That’s right: they’re basically tanks, there to protect allies using different guard stances… but also making those pesky monsters pay.
When a Dragoon levels up, they can choose between:
- a Master form emphasizing strong defense
- a Master form emphasizing strong offense
Here’s the trailer for the Dragoon class:
In order to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Etrian Odyssey series, Atlus is going to livestream the various games every Friday, starting this week (July 28th, at 3PM PDT / 6PM EDT / 11PM BST / July 29th 12PM CEST). It will take place on Twitch, and there will even be some prizes to win. Those livestreams will lead to the streaming event for Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth, on September 15th.
Finally, for more details, make sure to check out the official website in English!
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth (3DS) doesn’t have a release date yet, but is releasing this Fall in Europe and North America.
Source: Atlus PR