The fourth and last batch of DLC for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight went live on Tuesday!
Etrian Odyssey games are always pretty meaty, and take dozens of hours to complete. But if that is not enough for you, you should definitely check out the DLC for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight… especially since most of it will be free either permanently, or during the launch week. There’s bosses, quests, special portraits, and more!
Here’s the planning for DLC for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold – The Fafnir Knight:
- Yggdrasil Veteran: classics portraits for the various classes of the game, taken from the original Etrian Odyssey game. [Permanently free]
- Highlander’s Return: the Highlander class, which was the Protagonist’s in Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl. It focuses on sacrificing a bit of health in order to buff party members and obliterate monsters. What’s more, the Highlander Grimoire stones and the class itself is are also available within the Story mode. [Free through August 10th, then $0.99 cents/CA$1.49]
- Wanted: Golden Sprout: a quest where you have to go find the Golden Sprout, which allows you get lots of money when you complete it. Regina (at the Café) can also make a dish from that sprout, which raises your chances of getting Premium Grimoire stones. [$1.99/CA$2.49.]
- Hidden Hot Springs!: apparently, there’s a secret hot spring within the 3rd Stratum, and you have to find it. Completing this quest unlocks special portraits for Arianna and Chloe. [Free through August 10th, then $2.49/CA$3.49
- Ultimate Feathered Warrior: a special boss (a giant chicken). You can fight it with your entire party, or alone. You get a different reward depending on how you approach this fight. [Free through August 17th, then $2.49/CA$3.49]
- Winter’s Harbinger: a mysterious creature is causing the temperature to drop in the 4th Stratum, and you have to go kill it. [Free through August 17th, then $2.49/CA$3.49]
- Wanted: Lucky Bud: a quest tasking you with finding the Lucky Bug, that Regina can use to make a special tea (which greatly improve your material gathering rate. [$1.99/CA$2.49]
- Thunder Queen’s Legacy: a special boss called the Thunder Queen (which resides in the 2nd Stratum). Apparently, getting close enough to fight her won’t be that easy… [Free until August 24th, $1.99/CA$2.49]
- The Eldritch Hound: you have to travel deep into the Labyrinths in order to retrieve a magical artifact. But once you’ve done that, you will need to escape a fearsome beast! [$1.99/CA$2.49]
- Wanted: Blessed Clover: a quest which tasks you with finding the Blessed Clover, that Regina can use to make a special tea (which greatly increase the amount of XP earned by your Guild) [$1.99/CA$2.49]
- Treasures Untold: you can go fight a wave of bosses from Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl [$1.99/CA$2.49.]
- The Original Sin: a legendary boss, not for the faint of heart! Being level 99 doesn’t mean you’re prepared for this boss… far from it! [Free until August 31th, $1.99/CA$2.49).
Of course, Europe will also get this DLC, when the game comes out in February 2016.
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (3DS) comes out on August 4th in North America, and February 12th in Europe.