Today’s Nintendo eShop news: latest trailer for Ageless, but also…
- Across the Grooves
- Rigid Force Redux
- Curse of the Sea Rats
Team17 and One More Dream Studios have shared the latest trailer for Ageless:
Ageless (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Across the Grooves
Nova-box have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: Across the Grooves, a hand-painted musical adventure headed to the Nintendo eShop on June 17th.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and plenty of screenshots for the game:
Alice is a young woman living in sunny Bordeaux, with a stable and uneventful life. Until one day, she receives a vinyl record from Ulysse, her ex-lover. As she listens to the record, she relives the defining moments of her past — but when she returns to the present, everything has changed. To get her life back on track, she’ll have to track Ulysse across Europe and unravel this musical mystery… And perhaps rediscover herself along the way. Explore alternate realities as every decision you make as Alice, no matter how small, changes who she is, in this fully hand-painted adventure with a mood-adapting musical score.
- A hand-crafted adventure: With each playthrough, discover a novel-sized adventure and some of the hundreds of hand-drawn settings created for the game.
- Every choice matters: Each decision you make, no matter how small, slightly alters the personality of the main character, Alice.
- Immersive and finely crafted soundtrack — The music adapts and shifts according to your choices and the mood of each scene.
- An invitation to travel: Feel the pulse of European cities, meet colourful characters and solve the mystery, all depicted in gorgeous European graphic novel art style.
- High replayability: Choose Alice’s fate and discover the outcome of your decisions through multiple story paths and endings.
Across the Grooves (Switch – eShop) comes out on June 17th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Nova-box PR
Rigid Force Redux
Here’s the latest set of details, an updated list of key features, and some screenshots for Ridig Force Redux (to be featured during the upcoming Guerilla Collective online session, on June 6th-8th):
Developed by com8com1, a studio led by Marcel Rebenstorf, who previously worked at Ubisoft Blue Byte on titles such as the ANNO series and Might and Magic Heroes Online, Rigid Force Redux breathes new life into the classic side-scrolling shooter genre with its lovingly hand-crafted 3D models, stunning environments, detailed effects, and an electrifying Synthwave soundtrack.
Rigid Force Redux is the vastly improved console version of Rigid Force Alpha, self-published by com8com1 on Steam in August 2018. Completely redeveloped in the Unity engine, Rigid Force Redux combines the acclaimed original gameplay with numerous improvements such as ultra smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay, vastly improved difficulty balancing and overhauled visuals, effects and user interfaces.
Get on board the spacecraft, Rigid Force Alpha, and navigate through various atmospheric levels and face an onslaught of enemies, from low level cannon fodder to sprawling bosses. Collect numerous weapons including an upgradeable missile system and ‘Force Shards’, adjustable supplemental units that let the players shoot in multiple directions and block incoming enemy fire. Capture Energy Orbs dropped by foes to boost Rigid Force Alpha’s power supply and unleash devastating blasts to wipe out enemies at critical times.
Battle it out against huge swarms of enemies, heavy gunships, laser wielding mechs and giant alien creatures. Every enemy has its own unique and challenging strategy, from the tiniest creature up to the largest boss. Arm your fighter with numerous upgradeable weapon systems and supplemental Force Shards! Collect Energy Orbs to fill up your energy supply and eventually unleash an extremely powerful blast against your foes! Just in case the extensive, action-packed Main Mission is not enough, try the challenging Arcade and Boss Rush Modes, defend your ranking in the global leaderboards and grab all 40 achievements.
- Classic side-scrolling shoot’em up action with modern 3D graphics
- Smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay
- Unique weapons and power-up systems inspired by the genre classics
- A wide variety of enemies, challenging mid-bosses and enormous end bosses
- An exciting story mode with animated cutscenes
- Six different action-packed 3D stages
- Additional Arcade and Boss Rush game modes for extended high score runs
- Adjustable difficulty levels — for beginners to shmup masters
- Improved UI and visuals, including a brand new character design by Manga Artist Damurushi
- Leaderboards and 40 unlockable achievements with brand-new full-screen illustrations
- Original synthwave soundtrack by DREAMTIME featuring Michael Chait
Rigid Force Redux (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Headup Games PR
Curse of the Sea Rats
Petoons Studios have announced that Curse of the Sea Rats is getting a Kickstarter campaign: it will go live on June 2nd on this page. The extra funds will be used to finish the game, including animation, production, and development, so that the developers can complete the project without compromising the art and quality.
Here’s a teaser trailer, some more details, and the list of key features:
Curse of the Sea Rats packs all of the best features from the metroidvania genre featuring beautiful 2D hand-drawn animation and 3D environments, combined with unique real-time combat mechanics, and of course, lots of rats! Explore the island, battle diabolic creatures, and fight brutal bosses commanded by the evil pirate Flora Burn. Forge your own path to freedom in a non-linear quest through the vast and mysterious coast of Ireland in 1777.
- Classic hand-drawn animation like the golden era of Disney and Don Bluth.
- A perfect mix of 2D models crafted on a 3D game environment for a 2.5D side-scrolling platformer experience.
- Explore a huge map with hundreds of rooms, in a non-linear quest, solving puzzles, and fighting enemies in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- 4 playable characters, jam-packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
- Discover all the secret rooms, special items, and multiple endings.
- Single-player mode: more than 12 hours of gameplay for the main quest
- Local Co-Op Multiplayer mode: up to 4 players.
- Spectacular intros and animations to discover the story behind the characters.
Curse of the Sea Rats (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Petoons Studio PR