Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Beautiful Desolation announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Rise of the Slime
- Epic Chef
- Youtubers Life 2
Untold Tales have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Beautiful Desolation, an epic sci-fi adventure game developed by The Brotherhood. It will be released on May 28th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and some screenshots:
AN EPIC SCI-FI ADVENTURE LIKE NO OTHER
You are flung into a futuristic, alternate-reality South Africa dominated by advanced alien technology that’s both revered and reviled. Explore, solve puzzles, make key dialogue choices and be prepared to face tough decisions in a sci-fi setting left pretty much untouched by other games. From thriving African sci-fi villages to crumbling tropical cities. Mutated forests and bone-dry ocean beds – all beautifully rendered in 2D isometric art.
UNFORGETTABLE FACES ALL FULLY VOICED
Humanity as you know it has been reshaped, something most evident from the characters in BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION. Technology and sentient life have become totally blurred. Religious zealot mechs run rife. Humans willingly stripped of their flesh for immortality. Trans-humanistic tribes warring for power. And ruthless alien-like hunter mercenaries roaming the grasslands – to name but a few. Meet and interact with over 40 unique and bizarre characters, each fully voiced by authentic African voice actors, with thousands of lines of dialogue and multiple conversation paths. Additionally, CGI cutscenes are strewn throughout the story to bring you even closer to this enthralling sci-fi world and its characters.
MASTERFUL MUSIC SCORE BY MICK GORDON
BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION features a vibrant and highly experimental soundtrack by none other than Mick Gordon, known for his work on DOOM®, Prey® and Wolfenstein®.
REVAMPED FOR CONSOLE CONTROLLERS
Controls, UI and movement have all been fully redone to work intuitively on console controllers. Experience a true gem from the PC adventure genre now with the use of your console’s gamepad.
Beautiful Desolation (Switch – eShop) comes out on May 28th in Europe and North America.
Source: Untold Tales PR
Rise of the Slime
PlayStack have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: Rise of the Slime, a roguelike deck-builder developed by Bunkovsky Games. It will be released this Spring in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features for the game:
Offering a unique mix of deep, tactical deck-builder gameplay with the chill vibes of a side-scrolling adventure, Rise of the Slime plonks your squidgy hero in an enchanted and dangerous world. Help Slime overcome the odds by playing insanely powerful cards in turn-based, positional combat against a bunch of baddies—though you just might feel terrible dousing them with acid.
With the help of fancy hats and pet companions to spice up your adventures, you’ll traverse beautiful and exotic lands, from sizzling fire swamps to toxic marshlands to a breezy unfurling garden populated by sexy radishes!
- Turn-based combat alongside real-time exploration, offering a unique mix of roguelike and deckbuilder.
- Positional mechanics, matching your wits against enemies. Strategically quick step, push, and flip behind enemies to gain the advantage in combat. Use your cards wisely!
- A visually appealing art style, with striking, colorful characters, cards and environments.
- Extensive replay value with gameplay mutators, shifting routes and hundreds of deck build variations (100 magical cards at launch!). Each playthrough of Rise of the Slime is different!
Rise of the Slime (Switch – eShop) comes out this Spring in Europe and North America.
Source: PlayStack PR
Here’s the latest trailer for Epic Chef:
Epic Chef (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet, but is slated for a Summer released in Europe and North America.
Youtubers Life 2
The first Youtubers Life was a success, with over 1.4 million units sold worldwide across all platforms. And so, it’s no wonder that a second game, logically called Youtubers Life 2, has been announced. It will be released later this year in Europe and North America.
Here’s some details, the list of new features, and some screenshots:
Almost five years has passed since the original game first made waves, with the world of streamers and content creators having shifted radically within that time. With new names and new opportunities coming to the fore on an almost weekly basis, Youtubers Life 2 is set to offer a revised, more contemporary look into the life of this burgeoning profession’s biggest stars. Building on the foundations laid in the original game, Youtubers Life 2 is being designed to simulate all areas of a content creator’s rise.
- More content options for Youtube videos, including reviews, gameplays, speedruns, unboxings, interviews, and more.
- Subscriber and video statistics that directly react to a broadening of a creator’s content.
- A new mechanic called “Trends”, which fluctuates daily and affects your popularity as a YouTuber.
- More personalization options for your character, and a fully customizable and expandable home.
- Scores of new and expansive features to be announced in the coming months.
- Deeper relationships with NPCs, including additional questlines.
Youtubers Life 2 (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America.
Source: Raiser Games PR
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!