Today’s Daily news: Wargroove: Double Trouble (free DLC) finally revealed, but also…
- Inertial Drift
- Astérix and Obélix XXL3: The Crystal Menhir
Wargroove: Double Trouble
After teasing it over the past few days, Chucklefish have finally revealed the free DLC for Wargroove, which is called Double Trouble. As the title hints at, it was designed with co-op in mind.
Here’s what included in the Double Trouble DLC:
- A brand new Co-Op Story Campaign (can be played couch co-op, online co-op or even solo)
- 3 New Roguish Commanders
- 2 New Units – Thieves & Riflemen!
- New Arcade missions
- Competitive online Quick Play maps, including some of the community’s most competitive maps as voted for by the Groove of War team
- Public and Private Multiplayer Lobbies – you can now also play custom campaigns online!
- New Volcano map theme and more updates to the custom Editor tools
- Outlaw music tracks, composed by Phonetic Hero
- And more!
The free DLC also brings new Editor Tools, as well as game balance changes. You can find some details about both on this page!
Unfortunately, we don’t know when the DLC will be released. It’s currently in the final testing phase, which means its release isn’t that far off!
Image & Form have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch, and it’s not quite a new one… It’s a port of Anthill, one of their earliest games, originally released on iOS. It will be released on October 24th in Europe and North America, and will cost 9.99€ / $9.99.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and the list of key features:
By drawing pheromone trails, you direct your ground forces to different destinations, working with streams of units rather than individuals. Similar to a tower defense game, your mission is to protect the hill as wave upon wave of enemy bugs are thrown at you.
- Tactical trail-defense based on ants!
- Draw! Strike! Defend! Eat what you kill!
- 100% dedicated to handheld play
Anthill (Switch – eShop) comes out on October 24th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Image & Form (Twitter)
PQube have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Inertial Drift, a 1-on-1 arcade racer developed by Level 91 Entertainment with a unique feature… twin-stick controls! It will be released in Europe and North America this Spring.
Here’s a trailer and the list of key features:
- Twin-stick drifting! – Twice the controls, twice the control! A completely new level of precision allows for drifts a hair’s breadth away from the crash barrier, making every turn intense!
- 16 different driving styles! – Every character and their car in Inertial Drift have an unique driving style! Pick your favourite technique or master all of them to become the ultimate racer!
- 90s Retro-Future setting! – 20 tracks, flooded by the lights of pink Japanese sunset and vibrant neon-cities, set the stage for thrilling chases!
- Intense 1-on-1 racing! – Scaling the races down to duels adds excitement to every face-off, giving you an adrenaline boost every time you see headlights in your back mirror and hear the music pick up!
Inertial Drift (Switch – eShop) comes out this Spring in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: PQube PR
Astérix and Obélix XXL3: The Crystal Menhir
Microids have announced a “Mega Collector’s Edition” for Astérix and Obélix XXL3: The Crystal Menhir, which includes the following:
- 15cm resin figurine of Obelix & Dogmatix
- 15cm resin figurine of Asterix
- one Arcade Mini with reversible cover
They have also announced that the Collector’s Edition will no longer include the two small figurines. Instead, it will come with two skin packs:
- Legionnaire Outfit
- Viking Outfit
Astérix and Obélix XXL3: The Crystal Menhir (Switch) comes out on November 21st in Europe and North America.
Source: Microids (Twitter)