Today’s Daily news: Clive ‘N’ Wrench announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Moving Out
- Bohemian Killing
- Spirit of the North
Clive ‘N’ Wrench
Numskull Games have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Clive ‘N’ Wrench, a 3D platformer by Dinosaur Byte Games.
Here’s a trailer, some details for the game and the list of key features:
Inspired by genre classics like Spyro the Dragon and Jak & Daxter, Clive ‘N’ Wrench has its titular rabbit and monkey duo jump, roll, hover, and spin their way through a whole host of wacky worlds. This nostalgic retro romp launches on PC and the Nintendo Switch this winter.
- Time-bending story! – Clive, a rabbit, and Wrench, the literal monkey on his back, adventure through time and space in a 1950s fridge, all on a quest to undo Clive’s cousin Nancy’s mistake and ultimately thwart the tyrannical Dr. Daucus. A colourful cast of characters, both from the modern day and throughout time, await you on your journey!
- Space-defying locations! – Clive ‘N’ Wrench features 11 distinct levels as well as boss battles and a hub world. Your adventure will take your all the way from the prehistoric ice age in Iceceratops, through ancient Egypt in Tempus Tombs, and even all the way through to the old west in The Chimp, The Bag, and the Bunny.
- Tight moveset! – A platformer is only as strong as its moveset, which is why a huge amount of time and effort has been put into both the feel and animation of each move in Clive and Wrench’s diverse moveset. Tailored for both experienced players and newcomers alike, every action you perform will feel tight and precise.
- A work of passion! – Mostly developed solely by creator and lead developer Rob Wass in his spare time since 2011, Clive ‘N’ Wrench is a real work of passion from a genuine fan of the genre – we can’t wait for you to play it this year!
Clive ‘N’ Wrench (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Numskull Games PR
Here’s the recording of the latest livestream from Team17, showcasing Moving Out:
Moving Out (Switch) comes out on April 28th worldwide, with retail release on April 29th in Japan.
Ultimate Games have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Bohemian Killing.
Here’s a trailer and some details:
The game developed by The Moonwalls is an unconventional release set in steampunk Paris at the end of the 19th century. Bohemian Killing is a narrative courtroom drama, and the player is offered almost unlimited possibilities in leading the case. The creators have provided the players with a lot of freedom and various possibilities to test their creativity. The story of Alfred Ethon, a man accused of a brutal murder, is based on two foundations – the current situation in the courtroom, and memories of the past, where the player’s actions translate into the present. Bohemian Killing also touches on, among others, the topics of class differences and racism. The main protagonist is played and voiced by Stephane Cornicard, a well-known actor who has lent his voice to many top games (including A Plague Tale: Innocence, Horizon Zero Dawn, as well as the Dark Souls, Dragon Age and Fable series).
Bohemian Killing (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 23rd in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Ultimate Games PR
Blizzard have shared some details about Echo, the new Hero coming soon to the game:
Echo is a multirole evolutionary robot programmed with a rapidly adapting artificial intelligence and represents the cutting edge of technology. Echo is a Damage category hero. Echo was the creation of Singaporean scientist Dr. Mina Liao, who was one of the earliest members of Overwatch. Prior to joining the organization, Dr. Liao was widely considered one of the prominent experts in robotics and artificial intelligence.
Dr. Liao dreamed of improving upon the original omnic designs, which became the basis for the Echo project. She created an adaptive robot that could be programmed to learn different functions – anything from medical support to construction – but with serious limits to independent decision making. Although Overwatch was wary of just how often and where they used Echo, Liao had programmed Echo with a powerful artificial intelligence that learned by observation. As a result, much of Liao’s behaviors – including her speech – were adopted by Echo.
- Tri-Shot (Primary Fire) – Echo fires 3 shots at once, in a triangle pattern.
- Sticky Bombs (Secondary Fire) – Echo fires a volley of sticky bombs that detonate after a delay.
- Flight (Shift) – Echo surges forward quickly, then can fly freely.
- Focusing Beam (E) – Echo channels a beam for a few seconds, dealing very high damage to targets with less than half health.
- Duplicate (Ultimate) – Echo duplicates a targeted enemy hero and gains use of their abilities
- Glide (Passive) – Echo can glide while falling.
Source: Blizzard PR
Spirit of the North
The first DevBlog post for Spirit of the North is now live, and it shares some details about what inspired the game: click here to check it out!
Spirit of the North (Switch) comes out this Spring.