Today’s Nintendo eShop news: latest Behind the Scenes video for Streets of Rage 4, but also…
- Mars Horizon
- Pocket Minigolf
Streets of Rage 4
DotEmu have shared the latest Behind the Scenes video for Streets of Rage 4, this time focusing on the music:
They have also revealed the list of artists who composed music for the game (unfortunately, Hideki Naganuma was not able to contribute due to scheduling complications):
- Olivier Derivière (Dying Light 2, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, GreedFall, Vampyr …)
- Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Ys I & II, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge of Shinobi, Shenmue I & II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 3DS and Wii U & Ultimate, ActRaiser 1 & 2 …)
- Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns …)
- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Super Mario RPG, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve …)
- Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl, Captain Tsubasa …)
- Harumi Fujita (Final Fight, Mega Man 3, Bionic Commando, Strider, Ghosts ‘n Goblins, Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Tomba! …)
- Scattle (Hotline Miami 1 & 2)
- Das Mörtal (Hotline Miami 2)
- XL Middleton
By the way, you can now check out 4 tracks from the game on DotEmu’s Soundcloud page!
And finally, here’s some more details about the music:
Derivière’s musical vision echoes the philosophy at the heart of Streets of Rage 4: infusing the timeless, classic elements of the original Streets of Rage games with a modern approach to gameplay, art and design, channeling the nostalgic glory of the genre-defining beat-em-ups through the music of series composers Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima, along with featured Japanese composers, while instilling a unique spirit throughout Streets of Rage 4 via Western artists and Derivière’s sonic creations.
This collaboration will see each guest composer contributing distinctive, pulse-spiking boss fight themes. Furthering the creative commitment for an authentic Streets of Rage experience, Koshiro and Kawashima carry special and expanded presences throughout Streets of Rage 4 and have each provided several tracks; Koshiro’s contributions include both the game’s main theme as well as the song backing the first stage in addition to other songs. The duo’s iconic legacies are integral parts of Derivière’s goals for the soundtrack.
Due to scheduling complications, Hideki Naganuma is regrettably no longer able to contribute to Streets of Rage 4 for now. Harumi Fujita, an iconic veteran musician behind a trove of classic Capcom melodies including Final Fight, Capcom’s answer to the Streets of Rage series, has been kind enough to share her talent instead. Fujita’s signature melodic approach to music composition and her extensive experience with games contributing all-time greats to the NES’ melodic library like Bionic Commando and Mega Man 3 help to round out the Streets of Rage 4 musical lineup in a truly unique way.
Streets of Rage 4 (Switch – eShop) comes out this Spring in Europe and North America.
Source: DotEmu PR
Here’s the latest video for Mars Horizon:
Mars Horizon (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Here’s the launch trailer for Pocket Minigolf, now available in Europe and North America: