On Thursday, Nintendo released the second major Software update for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, adding several key features (make sure to check out this post if you haven’t already). Unfortunately, that update didn’t go well for some users, who are now unable to launch the game at all. And unlike what we reported in this post, the issue is also impacting Android users, not just those on iOS devices.
Fortunately, Nintendo is aware of the issue, and has prepared a patch to fix it. That patch will be released on February 17th, at the following time:
- Europe: 11AM
- UK: 10AM
- North America (ET): 5AM
- North America (PT): 2AM
- Japan: 7PM
This new update for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will fix two issues: the one mentioned above (where users are unable to launch the game), but also one causing Kudos and daily challenges to not be counted properly.
Regarding the first bug, there’s a workaround for iOS users:
- In iOS, go to “Settings”, then “General”, then “Language & Region”, then “Other Languages”
- Tap one of the displayed languages (any one will do) to add a checkmark, then select “Done”
- When you get the “Would you like to change the iPhone language to (the language you selected in Step 2)” prompt, select “Keep English” (or any other default language you’re using on your iPhone, if it’s not English)
- “Setting Language…” will then be displayed briefly
- After the language has finished updating, restart the game.
If this doesn’t work for you, or if you don’t feel confident enough to try and fix the issue yourself, just wait for the update to be released. If you’re on Android, there’s not much you can do but wait for the update!
As usual, make sure to check out the Events and Content Updates page to keep up to date with all that’s happening in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp!