Today, on the last day of the Nintendo Live 2018 event in Japan (where the last Splatoon Koshien tournament was held), the Squid Research Lab shared some details about the next Software update for Splatoon 2. It will be released on December 5th (effectively December 4th for those of you in North America), and it will bring the game to Ver. 4.3.0.
Now, you’re definitely wondering what’s in store for this update. And the answer is… new Gear Abilities! To be more precise, two new types of Gear Abilities will be added to the game:
- Bomb Defense Up DX: combines the effects of Bomb Defense Up and Cold Blooded. If you have a Gear set with those two abilities already, you will get the new Gear Ability automatically upon updating the game (effectively freeing up an ability slot);
- Main Power Up: increases the power of the main weapon. Its effects vary depending on the Main Weapon you’re currently using (see video below for some examples)
Also, some new weapons will be added to Splatoon 2 via the latest (and last) content update:
- Custom Explosher (Sub: Point Sensor; Special: Baller)
- Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau (Sub: Squid Beakon; Special: Ink Storm)
- Bloblobber Deco (Sub: Sprinkler; Special: Suction Bomb Launcher)
- Nautilus 79 (Sub: Suction Bomb; Special: Inkjet)
Finally, since this is the very last content update for Splatoon 2 (at least officially), it will include even more weapons. Alongside the 4 listed just bove, the update will also include the 4th set of Toni Kensa weapons. Unfortunately, they were not revealed today: we will have to wait a little bit longer before finding out what they are!
Here’s some pictures for the new Gear Abilities and the new Weapons, along with a video from the Squid Research Lab Head Researcher:
Source: Squid Research Lab (Twitter)