Looking for some intense platforming action on Nintendo Switch? Then Slime-san is probably the game for you! Developed by Fabraz (developers of Cannon Crash and Planet Diver), it offers no less than 100 levels, found in unique 5-coloured pixelated world. Your goal? Escape from the innards of a giant worm.
You get to play as Slime-san, who was simply being his usual, slimy self in a peaceful forest when one day, a giant worm appeared and gobbled him up without even asking him if he wanted to be gobbled up in the first place. Not very nice of you, Mr Worm! Naturally, Slime-san doesn’t have much of a choice: to avoid getting digested, he has to climb his way out through the intestines and out the mouth of the worm.
The game has a place called Slumptown, a town full of survivors also located in the innards of the giant worm. There, you can purchase different play styles, outfits, shaders, and even some multiplayer mini-games. Those can be played in local multiplayer, with one set of Joy-Cons! And speaking of the Nintendo Switch, this version offers HD Rumble functionality, allowing you to really feel the impact of your slimy jumps!
Here’s a trailer for Slime-san:
And here’s the main features of the game:
- Incredibly fast-paced and twitch-timing platforming madness!
- No time to stay still as you are chased by a wall of acid at every corner! Run, run, run!
- Being a slime has its perks. Slime your way through cracked walls and surfaces!
- Bust through brittle obstacles or tense situations with a speedy dash move.
- Slime to slow time, dash to speed it up. Feel like an absolute badass with pixel precise maneuvers!
- A game filled with content: 100 levels made out of 400 rooms combined with 100 new game+ levels totalling to a staggering 200 levels and 800 rooms!
- Collect partially-digested apples to unlock different play styles, outfits, shaders and mini-games!
- Get your shopping done in a town of survivors within the worm, home to colorful characters and surprising secrets.
- Each level is timed with online rankings, for the competitive and score-oriented.
- Unlock extra game modes like New Game+, Speed Running and Boss Rush modes!
- Get engrossed in a unique, 5 colored, pixelated world…found… within… the worm?
- Adhesive Wombat, Tiasu, Meganeko, Kubbi, Inverse Phase, Richard Gould… Over 10 composers contributed with over 20 songs for a chiptune album that you can’t help but groove out to!
Slime-san (Swich – eShop) will be released on August 3rd in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!
Source: Headup Games PR